Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The back of my head got wrecked.

Levi
@levi
12 years ago
8 posts

I've been growing my dreads for about 2 and a half months now, and I've been keeping the front/sides seperated fairly consistently and I'm seeing pretty good progress. But I hadn't really maintained the back of my head for a few days, and it had turned into one huge dread, all knotted and gross. so i pulled it apart into 6 or 7 smaller sections, but they aren't locked up anywhere near as much as the ones I've been paying constant attention to. Does the back of the head normally take longer to dread? Or is it because seperating them all again was super counterproductive?
Thanks guys :D

updated by @levi: 01/13/15 09:37:54PM
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Every one is different. For me, I think because I sleep on my back more than my stomach that the dreads dreaded about 3 times faster on the back of my head. Do not think that since one side is sectioning itself off and dreading and that the other side won't. Honestly all you need to do is wait. keep ripping em apart and they will do the rest of the job themselves. To answer your questions, different parts of the head take different times to dread. Separating was not counter productive your hair will fix itself, you'll know more about your own hair over time. Patience will come to you the deeper into the journey you get. Good luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what have u done to the fromt usualy the back dreads fastest since u sleep on t'

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Levi
@levi
12 years ago
8 posts

I've got a loose fitting beanie on my head more often than not, and I always find myself playing with the front ones, and keeping them well seperated. and another question, they are suuuuper curly. will they straighten out as they mature or will i be stuck with weird curly looking dreads?

Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts

youll be fine bro i have super curly hair, my dreads are very firm and have curly ends but even they are firm, i used to have a fro bro

Levi said:

I've got a loose fitting beanie on my head more often than not, and I always find myself playing with the front ones, and keeping them well seperated. and another question, they are suuuuper curly. will they straighten out as they mature or will i be stuck with weird curly looking dreads?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Curly hair eventually becomes straight dreads. Most likely the reason why the back seems so much looser than before is from the separation of the mega-dread. I would think in a few weeks they'll tighten back up. Just keep separating them so you don't have a huge congo again.

Levi
@levi
12 years ago
8 posts

Wicked! Yeah, I've been keeping them seperated. see how I go from here haha.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form