Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Set #3 - Loose Backcomb and Let the Magic Begin (PICS)

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

Sup guys.

This is my third set and I'm planning on keeping them this time.

I did loose backcombing about a week ago, since then I've re-backcombed the tips of some ones I never finished, but otherwise I've still been rinsing my hair every day and used Sea Water once (1tsp per 2 cups of water -> 4 cups in a container /w 2 tsp of sea salt, microwaved for 3 minutes to dissolve, stir, freeze until icy cold).

I did wash once to help lock - they loosened a bit, mostly at the tips, but after waking up I noticed they were tighter and the tips were curlier which is a good sign. I washed with really diluted Prell shampoo (yeah I know, SLS...), and I'll be using baking soda every other wash for good measure.

No wax obviously - wax is a joke. I left a lot of loose hairs and I tried to vary the size of dreads from 1 1/2 inch to 3/4 inches to have equal amounts on both sides of my head. The top looks tighter because there are smaller sections, however the back is almost tighter but it just doesn't look like it.

I separated a really big dread (2 1/2 inches) on the back of my head and it was really tough to take apart. I have a lot of experience backcombing and the back is more textured so I'm sure that helped. Funniest thing - this dread looked the loosest of all of them.

I also left a lot of loose hair so it's extra messy in the most important stages. I've seen half of the sections fall apart and do their own thing, the other half stayed together mostly because I've intentionally backcombed the natural sections of my hair. The loose hair is helping a ton.

Good start I guess. Lemme know what ya think!

updated by @calipark: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that will do fine just leave em be throw the prell away get some good dread soap and let em do their thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

welcome back! good luck with this set:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form