dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Smooth Sailing

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts

Namaste,

I've been on my journey for about three months now. First and foremost, I would like to thank SE and everyone on this site; I was lucky to find it when I did. My only sources during the beginning were a few videos and information from DreadHeadHQ. I'm thankful that I wasn't able to pay for the kit or any products. I started with nothing but some elastics and the help of my girlfriend. After the TnR sessions (hour or two a day working on it), I was so frantic about how they would turn out without products. I was constantly worrying and researching to see if they would turn out fine or if I would have a royal mess on my head. Of course, I'd heard all the horrible rumors about the natural method from the company I thought I could trust.

Within two weeks of having them, I found this site and learned an entirely new way. I removed my elastics, let go of the urge to use products, and remembered the real reason I wanted to do it in the first place. They turned from beasts in need of taming to gentle creatures that fly free. Some people say there is a thrill in using products and maintenance techniques, choosing to have an art project on their scalps. I haven't enough knowledge to tell them which way is better. But for me, it is already very much art, in the same way one would appreciate a lush garden in all its variety and natural life cycles.

If I had to start over again for some reason, I would probably go completely naturally. My learnings, though, have made me happy with my results and progress rather than dwelling on what could have been, on what experiences I could have missed. I guess that realization is the experience that matters.

updated by @jordan3: 01/13/15 09:37:21PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look great. You really found what dreadlocks should be. Some of our members have even combed out years old locks to go through the natural process again

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
I've read a few stories like that. I couldn't do it to mine though. They may still be young and easy to detangle, but I've liked what I've learned from them. For me, it would feel like trying to erase the past rather than taking advantage of lessons. Still, to each his/her own.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

beautiful! I've learned many lessons from my dreads!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately well said and congrats they look great

you dont have to step backwards to move forwards unless you missed your turn completely

if yiu had used the kit then i would suggest starting over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form