Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Let the games begin!

Bernie
@bernie
12 years ago
4 posts

Gday guys. Im Bernie, originally from Tasmania, Australia, now living and working in London.

all my life (or at least for as long as i can remember) ive wanted dreads. and coming from a good, middle class family, mum and dad said no. ive never really done anything with my hair, when i was a little tacker mum shaved it super short cos there was nothing to be done with it. as i got older it became a 'short back and sides'. BORING!!

at 17 i started my apprenticeship as a chef at the top hotel in the state. happy days! wanted to be a chef, always did. still do. but fancy hotels are all about staff presentation, so even though i never had contact with guests, dreads were a big no-no. and as a good boy, i played by the rules.

so now at 25. ive finally snapped. ive hit a point professionally where im known for my skills and tasty food. even starting to get headhunted now. and ive hit a point personally where i want to start doing the things i want to do. dreads being one. so i am. im not telling anyone (except all the lovely people at dreadlockssite.com) and im just gonna sit back and let it happen.

so today is day one. the beginning. genesis.

started the day with a bs wash and acv rinse. fiqured its best to start as clean as possible, don awoolly hat (its not far from snowing here in the uk) and just wait and see. wash again in a few days, maybe a sea salt spray before hand, who knows! im just gonna roll with it.

sorry for the long post, thanks for taking the time to read it.

peace. Bernie.

updated by @bernie: 01/13/15 09:37:14PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

right on man and welcome to the site! what method are you thinking about doing, natural? k lets see some pics of your hair!~

Bernie
@bernie
12 years ago
4 posts

cheers mate. im going full natural. thought of TnR but i dont really want to damage my hair. hairs probably too short but im in no rush. no pics at the minute, technical issues. but ill load them up when i sort it out.

Bernie
@bernie
12 years ago
4 posts

oh and ignore the profile pic. i just didnt want to use the stock photo anymore.

Bernie said:

cheers mate. im going full natural. thought of TnR but i dont really want to damage my hair. hairs probably too short but im in no rush. no pics at the minute, technical issues. but ill load them up when i sort it out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats on finaly doing what u want to do not what everu]yone else wanted you to do

its so rewarding to justbe yoirself isnt it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bernie
@bernie
12 years ago
4 posts

it sure is my friend. i may start walking around barefoot again, havent done that since i was a kid and i miss it.

any tips for a fresh starter, SE? i know you're probably sick of have people ask though.

soaring eagle said:

congrats on finaly doing what u want to do not what everu]yone else wanted you to do

its so rewarding to justbe yoirself isnt it?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

oh you need to join the barefoot group then :)

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

isn't that against health codes though?

There was a guy who walked around barefoot when I was going to university. It was pretty interesting...

People were mean though. All sorts of off the wall comments!

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Btw...good luck with the dread journey!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form