Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Monster Underneath

BekahMuffin
@bekahmuffin
12 years ago
2 posts

HEY EVERYONE!! My name is Rebekah and It's been almost a month since I started my dread journey. I ued the twist and rip method and some palm rolling, promise I didn't over do the palm rolling. I wash with diluted DR. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap 3 times and sometimes 2 times a week. Here are my before-current pix:

AND NOW I just have have a problem with whats going on at the back of my head because the front looks great! but i was feeling around back there and it was feeling really loose, I hardly pay any attention to them since I cant see them but here's a pic. It's madness!! and under is even worse. I just need to know what happening, some reassuring words if you will. ANd! when do the loops and zig zags situate themselves? I have dreads that re tight except for int he middle of the roots and ends there'll be a really loose mid section. What do I do? I keep wanting to undo it and twist and rip it all over. eek! I love my dreads I am not giving up!I just need to be reassured that they're moving in the right direction.

-Thanks guys!<3

updated by @bekahmuffin: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
they look perfectly normal :)starter methods are basically just a blueprint for sections and will ravel and unravel many times. Loops and zigzags are my favorite part but they too sort themselves out over time so learn to love them while you have them :)
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Oh pulease they look dope at the back, your dreads just need some time and some good old TLC
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
They might be a pain at times but dreads are the most rewarding thing I've ever committed to, all I can say is keep strong and they'll dread faster and faster.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Yup, they look great!! They're going to tighten up then loosen up a lot over the next several months. Some may come totally undone. That's all ok, that's what is supposed to happen. I've come to the conclusion over the last few weeks that whatever happens with our hair that makes us question if it's right, is right. So if you see/feel something and think 'wtf!?! Is that normal?' Yes it is normal!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

leave em alone they look fine

the back the sections look lot bigger tho

so be careful to seperate enough to keep em from joining together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus