Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Realizations and turning 30

Autumn2
@autumn2
12 years ago
18 posts

So about a month ago I turned 30. I have been thinking about embracing natural freeform dreads now for 3 years. Turning 30 gave me the extra push that I needed, to go ahead and do what I feel is right. After all, time is a wasting! So on Oct. 1st, I figured there was no better time than the present, and I hid all of my combs and brushes in drawers. I took a water bottle and some baking soda into the bathroom, and started substituting "no touch" baking soda rinses (with one drop of tea tree oil added for good measure) instead of conventional toxic shampoos. I am only a few days into my new routine, but I feel so liberated. My hair definitely doesn't look anything like dreads, but it looks a lot better than usual, and is kind of sexy bedhead, full of volume. I feel so right about this journey on so many different levels-- in how it helps the environment, how it fosters patience, and how I am following my heart.

I am so glad that this site is here for support too, I really enjoy the featured posts and photos, as I don't know any dreadies in real life... it really gives a lot of inspiration. Namaste.

updated by @autumn2: 01/13/15 09:36:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome and congrats

post a timeline!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus