Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help?!

Shannon
@shannon
12 years ago
4 posts
4 minutes agoHi soo ive had every hair style known to man over the years. But i was getting fed up of doing my hair and i was over it tbh. Anyway i decided to get dreadlocks.i wasnt to bothered about sections so i just began crochet hooking my hair. After i few days i decided i didnt like that method and that dreadlocks should be a journey an you should see how your hair changes. So i stopped. Now i dont do anything to it expect wash and ive got a load of loose hairs. My dreads are flimsy, some are thin, will they thicken over time? And should i be wearing a head wrap at night? Thanks.
updated by @shannon: 01/13/15 09:36:40PM
Amber 'Blob' Orpin
@amber-blob-orpin
12 years ago
7 posts

Heya

this is a good place to start http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreading-methods i did a lot of reading before i started to dred and went with what felt right for my hair type. From what i know you're dreds will tighten over time and try not to worry about thin dreds, I have all diffirent sizes. Thinner round the front and getting thicker towards the back.

I dont wear a wrap at night as this seems to be a good time to let dreds be dreds. As you move around in the night all the friction can help you're dreds form. A wrap would proboly slow this process down.

Hope this helps, and keep reading ^ . ^

safe journey till next time

Blob xXx

Shannon
@shannon
12 years ago
4 posts
I did twist and rip a few aswell but because my hair is so dry from orr the years of bleaching and dying my hair was breaking. Its so dry now do you wash tour dreads if so how often? Thanks for your help i appreciate it! Xxxx
Shannon
@shannon
12 years ago
4 posts
The ones that i crochet i was just gonna leave alone, i have a few dreads at the back that were hardly dreads, i left them ones alone because i didnt wanna crochet them and they have matted together already :) to form a dread. So the best thing to do is just leave them? And let them do there own thing? There really wild today thanks for the info on the baking sofa wash! :)
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Wash them two or three times a week, with baking soda/apple cider vinegar or a residue-free shampoo. No need to sleep in a hair wrap or anything; some people say lying on a wool tam helps, but some say it doesn't, all a matter of preference. And the best thing to do is to wash them, separate them when they start combining (only if you want to, but if you don't they can obviously all join together and might get painful/uncomfortable) and forget they exist. Once you forget about the maintenence and stupid stuff like that, the time flies by :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they thicken and koose hairs are normal the crochet was a horible thing to do to your hair! but glad u stiopped that

no need to wear anything on yoir head at night

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shannon
@shannon
12 years ago
4 posts
Yeah it was am glad i stopped! I also interlocked but i stopped doing that after i read that its so bad for your hair!! I then realised having dreads a journey so let your hair do it own thing thanks for all your advice :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form