Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Has anyone got a dread perm and have good locks now?

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
I got a dread perm 5 weeks ago. I'm a registered nurse and my job said I could get dreads but they had to be a little presentable. Any way I found this site a couple weeks ago and am really worried about my dreads now. Just wanna know if anyone did something similar and how did things turn out? Im supposed to go for maintenance soon but am thinking of just leaving them alone.By the way can't figure out how to upload pics. Using my iPhone to post.
updated by @joey-mipanyarack: 01/13/15 09:36:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dread perms are the worse but not always a total disaster emily on here had 1 and though the textures a lik weird thy turned out ok

absolutely do not go back ever

does tge hair seem fro[ied? brittle?

1 would never recomend bleaching them or maybe not even dying as the chemical damage is already bad eniugh

all u can do is treat em good and hope for the best

your job legaly canttell you they have to be pressentable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
They feel dry but not brittle. They told me to use wax, but common sense stopped me from that. I'm half Asian n half white and honestly didn't think my hair could dread on its own.Also u mention the texture will be different. What is the difference people are mentioning when they say they cut the perm part out later?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its hard to describe byt easy to see

and tge fastest i ever saw hair dread was asain hair! aain ghairs not hard ti dread at all

in fact the longest dread ever was asain ..vietnameses to be exact and the longest dreaded mustache as well was asain

as they grow out u will notice a texture diferenxe tho

like if you perm regular hair it changes the exture

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Thanks for the replies. My dad was from Laos. Gives me some hope for my dreadies!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form