dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Excited newbie!!

Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

Hi all!

My name is Katie and I'm a mother of 3 (Kye 6, Carmen 4, and Hazel 2) and a classical musician (oboe) from Western Australia.

I've been lurking around for a while now and started dreading earlier this week ( I don't know how many days ago, weird huh?) so I had not used shampoo anyway in a really long time, just BCS, and ACV, so I just threw away my brush, and left my wavy unruly hair out for a day ( I hadn't totally committed at this point, just kind of wanted to see what would happen). When I got home my hair was really well separated, so I gave it a little twist and rip, threw some beads in, and it's doing it's own thing :)

I'm really lucky to have hair that wants to lock, and have been fighting it for years, so it feels really good to just let it be. I'm also really lucky that I live a few minutes walk from the ocean, and it's heading into summer here, so my baby locks are getting loads of sunshine, wind, and beautiful indian ocean treatment regularly. I was quite shocked that my few washes have not destroyed my baby locks, and am really excited to see what they do next. I don't feel a mess at all, i just feel like my hair is finally allowed to do what it wants, so I don't feel impatient at all, I'm loving it. Will post some pics soon

updated by @kootabootz: 02/14/15 08:30:06AM
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

Day 1

updated by @kootabootz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

After a bit of twist & rip still day 1

updated by @kootabootz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

It would have been cool to see what they would have done if you didn't twist and rip! Good luck with those babies!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wonder why if it sectioined in a day why you tnr'd at all?

tnr only defines the sections which u already had if u left it go a week you probly would have seen it dreading already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

yeah I know Soaring Eagle, I am a little disappointed that i didn't just completely let it go on it's own, I have about 6 that have formed now where i didn't t&r, and they are fantastic, but as I said I wan't committed, and wanted to just experiment to see what happened, i planned to brush them out, and spend some more time thinking about it first.......but now I have no intention of brushing out. My hair loves it's new life :) Thanks for the feedback, I will post some more pics when there are any more big changes
soaring eagle said:

i wonder why if it sectioined in a day why you tnr'd at all?

tnr only defines the sections which u already had if u left it go a week you probly would have seen it dreading already

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hope u left plenty to dread on its own

u actualy had 6 natural dreads form on day 2?

wow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

it's been somewhere close to a week and i wouldn't say the naturals are dreads yet, but I have some pretty solid knots happening back there, I will have to wait until my partner comes back ( he works away) so he can take some photos for me :)

soaring eagle said:

hope u left plenty to dread on its own

u actualy had 6 natural dreads form on day 2?

wow

sarai
@sarai
12 years ago
38 posts
Happy dreading!Ps love your 2yr olds name...I was going to name my first that but baby was a boy so we went with Jasper. I'm four months pregnant now and I'm probably going to name baby hazel if its a girl this time. (Not finding out, I love to just wait till babys born)
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

thanks Sarai,

I love it too she is Hazel Enid, I love old traditional names, that aren't common anymore. I love a suprise as well, good luck with the pregnancy and birth! That happens to be my other passion (natural childbirth and women's empowerment through childbirth)

Best Katie

sarai said:

Happy dreading!

Ps love your 2yr olds name...I was going to name my first that but baby was a boy so we went with Jasper. I'm four months pregnant now and I'm probably going to name baby hazel if its a girl this time. (Not finding out, I love to just wait till babys born)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form