Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what type of medium is good to wrap dreads?

sarai
@sarai
12 years ago
38 posts
So I've been dreading for about 3 months now and my hair is making lots of progress. I'm very pleased. Bit there are a few dreads mostly along the nape that scrunched up into like flat poor balls if that makes sense :/ so I'm thinking I would like to wrap a few dreads to help them round out and to add a bit of style but not sure what type of yarn or string is going to be more useful. Any tips?Also I have to vent here... I'm incredibly envious of blonde dreads. They are sooo damn beautiful! I love how you can see definition in them more and they are just so beautiful...dark hair tends to look like one big mass. wondering if maybe I would like to use a method to lighten up my ends a bit...like lemon juice or something? Any thoughts?Hope I'm posting in the right place...I'm using my phone app and am having a bit of trouble navigating this site like this.
updated by @sarai: 01/13/15 09:36:25PM
sarai
@sarai
12 years ago
38 posts
P.s meant to write " flat poof balls" lol
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

lemon juice is acidic & will seep into the shaft of the hair & weaken it. you can try chamomile tea or just the natural sunlight. results will be slower but safer.

use unpolished hemp (polished means waxed & you don't want that near your dreads) or embroidery thread to wrap. some people use yarns but use one that won't felt &/or shrink up (unless you want that) or leave pills in your hair.

sarai
@sarai
12 years ago
38 posts
Sounds good. I think I will try hemp. Thank you!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form