Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Lizz
@lizz
12 years ago
2 posts

Hiya,

My name is Lizz I'mfrom Scotland and ammummy to Daisy (6), Ewan (nearly4) and Hayley (nearly2), I've wanted to dread my hair for a while but never liked the idea of putting all sorts of gunk into my hair so never gone ahead with it so glad to have found this site and cant wait to join you all, I'm on day 2 of doing in naturally and my hair looks a bit like a bird nest so I've run my fingers through it roughly so it doesnt all just end up as one big lump, hope this is the right thing to do, my hair is very fine so knots easily hoping that's a good thing, looking forward to getting to know you xxx

updated by @lizz: 01/13/15 09:36:15PM
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Hi Lizz! Your be in great hands here, friendliest bunch of dready folk you'll meet. Tons of advice and support on this site The dreadeucation tab has loads of info on care such as washing and separating. Cant wait to see your progress.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The best advice... Wash wash and wash. 2-3 days a weeks. Washing helps knots form. Sleeping helps tighten them.

There's no real need to brush your finger through your hair. It can slow down the process a bit. Let the rats nest form. I have a video tutorial of how to separate the sections when they begin to grow together: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/separating-tutorial?xg_source=activity

You can give that a look. but you probably don't need to separate much yet.

If you want to help keep your sections separate, you can put beads on them. Decorating your locks is fun anyway, and beads serve a few purposes. They look cool, separate your hair, and act like little imitation knots that help encourage more knotting.

I'm glad you found your way here. Any questions you've got, feel free to ask

paul karns
@paul-karns
12 years ago
2 posts

Hi,

I am Newbie here, I am paul

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form