Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction

DiMiTri
@dimitri
12 years ago
8 posts

I agree with you 100% It's crazy to me how much BAD information is spamming the internet on something so simple and ancient. I'm just thankful I haven't made some fatal errors others have with waxes and whatnot

Wheelz said:

I felt the same way! It's very easy to get misguided when it comes to dreads. There's a lot of different information out there so it's very easy to get headed down the wrong path. But it's good you found this place so these guys can help you. :)

updated by @dimitri: 07/23/15 04:51:25AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow your freind really didnt know what he was doing did he.. to me it sounds like he did root flip ..bad idea and the retightenings as well not to mention the not washing for 4 months! the 1 thing u should do is ash the rest was unesacary..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DiMiTri
@dimitri
12 years ago
8 posts

These pics were taken the night my dreads were "installed" for lack of better terminology

DiMiTri
@dimitri
12 years ago
8 posts

These pics were taken just a few hours ago, so this is what I'm currently working with.

@Soaring Eagle: I'm learning now that he didn't really know what he was doing, but as I said earlier, I felt so lost about dreads and he had had them previously so I went with what was there, I'm just happy I found this place, these people, and good information before it got WAY out of control.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all 3 pics cant be disp;layed cause they contain errors

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i can download and open however..holdion

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok they dont look great but not as bad as i expected either so

count them

\ghow many are there they look thick but borderline too hick (a few)

i was bout to ask what u were washing with till i remembered u wernt so start washing them 2-3 times a week and use a lil sea salt to get the undreaded parts dreading i dunno if u need to start over or anything it s up to u if u do

but i think as long as they arent too big just washing them and a lil sea salt now and then is all they need to dread up nicely

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They don't look as bad as I pictured, I agree.

Yeah, some look a bit thick, but you can get away with that with no problem. Just was 2-3 times a week, add a pinch of sea salt to the wash and you're golden.

Let me know if you have issues with drying time on some of the fat ones. I've got some super fat locks too and they tend to need a little extra help

DiMiTri
@dimitri
12 years ago
8 posts

Awesome, don't feel so scared anymore, haha. Thanks again guys, yous guys are awesome. I've read the threads on here about the BS water wash ratios so that shouldnt be a problem, I'm sure my scalp will be much happier as well. As far as drying goes I know that air dry in the sun is the best way but if I have problems with the bigger ones like you said, would a blow dryer be a bad idea?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do it in quick bursts while moving it quickly u dont want o cause heat damage i do like a few sec to a min then wait 5-15 min then another quick blast..if i do it at all

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form