dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DrEAD HEAD

V Ramirez
@v-ramirez
12 years ago
3 posts

Hi all!

I'm V and I just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you guys for all making me feel more comfortable with my choices. I feel like not many people understand and it makes me sorta not wanna do it (but I'm going to anyway because that's what I want to do.)

After I decided I was surely going to do it, I did some research. Lord almighty, I tell ya, I've been left more confused than when I first began. I had sites telling me to backcomb and not to, and to use wax, then not to, and you get the picture. All I really learned from that is I can use Dr. Bronner's with my soft water, stop conditioning, and stop brushing.

Moving on to my method, I chose natural. What I am doing now is showering everyday with Dr. Bronner's and let it do it's thang. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks and I think I see some knots forming. My hair is super fine and straight and would just like some advice on what to do. Do I just leave them? Some seem like they're going to be bigger than others so I separate them after the shower. Should I be doing that?

I have some pictures of before I began and today. Check them out!

Thanks all!

updated by @v-ramirez: 01/13/15 09:35:25PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Just leave them be. Well, the one on the side looks like it may be pretty big. Look at the size of your sections. That's about how big the lock will be when it matures and grows out. Typically you don't want them to be bigger than 1 inch. If you do like fatter locks, join the club. I have a good detailed post about how to take care of fat locks.

If you don't want fat ones, separate a bit more of them into smaller sections.

As for washing everyday. In the beginning it wont hurt. But you really should get into the habit of washing them every other day to every 3 days. When they mature, they will hold water for a long time Up to 24 hours for fat locks. Around 5-8 for thinner ones. If you wash every day, you may be getting locks wet again that haven't fully dried. This will cause mold and mildew to grow. Eventually leading them to rot. They won't have an issue right now. But in a few more weeks you may start entering that time when you could have problems. They are doing great and moving along nicely.

V Ramirez
@v-ramirez
12 years ago
3 posts

That's good to know. Since my hair is so thin, it dries in an hour or 2 now but it's good to know that I don't want to be doing it in a few weeks. I have been told to massage it during the shower for 5minutes each day to "stimulate growth" and help with dandruff. I think it's helping with the dandruff but does it really stimulate growth?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in cases where u have traction alopecia or stunted growth for some reason it might cause it gets blood flow to the surface .,.but in normal situations i doubt it

they are making great progress considering the hair type

post a timeline soon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form