Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

introduction

john5
@john5
12 years ago
12 posts

so i started locking my hair 8/7/2012... then i realized theres more to it than i thought. so now i am doing moreresearch... and realizing that i love this the more i get informed. :) i cant wait till my hair is completely locked. :)

updated by @john5: 08/19/21 07:16:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but stop twisting your already showing signs of trouble and your not fuky locked twisting like that can make u go bald

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
john5
@john5
12 years ago
12 posts

ok... i was going by what a friend hows had dreads and does locks but thats why i wanted to join a forum so i can get second opinions and learn more : ) now im not sure what you mean by " and your not fuky locked "

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I think SE meant to say "not fully locked". Also, welcome!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes fully

when you twist you put tension on the roots that pulls the hairs right out of the scalp and actualy prevents them from growing back

after awhile you get wider and wider gaps between dreads thinning roots dreads that break off and finaly widespread balding that can be permenant after a point of no return is reached

the guy in this vid was so close to that point i really was afraid we wouldnt be able to save his bu8t 3 month s later 85 grew back

what else didthis freind say what were u doing to them and using in them the full list..no wax i hope/

--
Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

Wow. SE That looks terrible. John, my mom is a loctician and specializes in the kind of dreads that require, wax, twisting,maintenence every month etc. It's all a bunch of HOOPPLAH! (lol) You dont need any products, in fact, clean hair locks up better. If you have wax and things, its not locked, its just covered with goop to look like what they call a "dread" more like "dreadful" (sorry for the bad pun:p)

Anywho, no wax, no twisting, keep your hair clean, its already sectioned. The simplest, most beautiful in my opinion, hairstyle we can have. I hope you have fun in your journey, and we are all here to help you along the way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u should dreaducate your mom...if shes willing to listen

--
john5
@john5
12 years ago
12 posts

yeah i saw that video before i started posting but there isnt really much info that i have seen for the stages of "begining" before they fully lock up...example: the picture in my profile was right after my homegirl retwisted my hair after a good wash. she washed it really well and after drying (i pretty much had my old fro) it was still sectioned off to a point. so your saying that after i washed it she shouldnt have retwisted it and just left it as a fro? and yes she used a product call lock and twist...maybe a handfull for my whole head (VERY lighty)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you should be washing it yuourself gently just the scalp as long as sectionds remain..leave it alone if it completely returnes to a gro then yea u can retwist ..not too extremely tightly

washing it gently will keep it from coming out so much tho and dont towel dry eithe

the more u leave it alone the better

--
john5
@john5
12 years ago
12 posts

ok i will do...and instead of towel drying how do you suggest i dry? blow dry or just leave it be? also i was reading about how often i should wash... i go to the gym everyday and i work out in the sun 6 hours a day so being as im that active from what i gather i would wash my hair up to 3 times a week...sound about right?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form