Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

locking solution/faster locking question

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

is there a solution that can be made? or a tip to help dreadlocks lock faster....I know you have to keep them clean, but anything else? sea salt helps i hear too...but i am looking for some tips or tricks to help them lock up faster cuz im going natural, and im starting to get good dreads coming in, so i want to help them grab and lock.

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 01/13/15 09:34:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salt you answered your own question

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

do i just spray sea salt on my hair like an hour before showering?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yup or you can add it to your baking soda wash

Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

it seemed like mine dreaded faster by just getting it wet when i shower. no washing, just water.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

the baking soda wash is "no touch" so you aren't scrubbing at all or actively washing. just water may work for some ppl but i know in my case my hair gets super oily/greasy & gross & it needs to be clean to knot. just putting that out there. maybe someone with drier hair could get away with that.

John Daubenmeyer said:

it seemed like mine dreaded faster by just getting it wet when i shower. no washing, just water.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u definately want to wash the more u wash the faster it dsreads

and u make sea salt sprays by adding 3.5% of the water volume so its the same salinity as the ocean

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

i wash my hair with soap (residue free of course), but only about every 3 to 4 days unless it really needs it. im just saying on my off days i run water through it. also helps kinda "style" them after i sleep. bed dreads xD
other way to dread faster, wear a hat. youll have to start seperating them every day or two

Ixchel said:

the baking soda wash is "no touch" so you aren't scrubbing at all or actively washing. just water may work for some ppl but i know in my case my hair gets super oily/greasy & gross & it needs to be clean to knot. just putting that out there. maybe someone with drier hair could get away with that.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

ah gotcha

yeah wool tam works for some people. there are a couple members who thought it slowed progress or created a lot more frizz for them tho. something to try tho!

John Daubenmeyer said:

i wash my hair with soap (residue free of course), but only about every 3 to 4 days unless it really needs it. im just saying on my off days i run water through it. also helps kinda "style" them after i sleep. bed dreads xD
other way to dread faster, wear a hat. youll have to start seperating them every day or two

Ixchel said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form