dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Dreader not the Dreadee

Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

Hi everybody

I am dreadlocking my Husbands hair next week!

I'm trying to do as much research as I can =)

Looking forward to reading about all your experiences and will of course keep you updated on our progress

Jen :)

updated by @jen-webb: 01/13/15 09:34:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u dreadung them

the best way is to do nothing and just let it dread

have you read the dreaducation page/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

I'm going to go with the back combing method I feel that would be neater than just leaving it plus he has like perfect hair so it needs roughing up a bit! lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no it doesnt at all and backcomb permenantly pries open the cuticles so they no longer function

naturals away better way but if your not going natural tnr is alot better looks better way less damage and gentler and easier (quicker too)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

Thanks twist and rip looks easy enough to do (well easy for me I'm good with my hands and have experience in textiles/felting - similar enough! lol) I can see how it would give quicker results..

This is going to sound like a silly question.. lots of people talk about "palm rolling" I'm assuming that is just rolling between your pams? lol

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yes it is, but palm rolling isn't recommended. it's temporary at best & only really works well with products (which are mostly all bad), & can be damaging. check out babas video on it.

Jen Webb said:

Thanks twist and rip looks easy enough to do (well easy for me I'm good with my hands and have experience in textiles/felting - similar enough! lol) I can see how it would give quicker results..

This is going to sound like a silly question.. lots of people talk about "palm rolling" I'm assuming that is just rolling between your pams? lol

Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

Awesome, I am geared up for the twist and rip method, Im looking forward to having a go :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form