Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello :)

Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

Hi, my name is Edd, I'm from York in the UK and I started growing dreadlocks about 5 months ago. This is my first time growing dreads and I don't know anyone who has or had them so I'm kind of fumbling in the dark as far as how to grow/maintain dreaklocks is concerned :S I'm trying to grow my hair naturally as from what I've read on the internet that seems to be the way that suits me most. 5 months in, my hair has separated into distinct locks, and around the back I can feel it has knotted fairly tightly.

So a little about myself: I'm 19 and will soon be beginning my second year at university studying Classics. Musically, I'm mostly into heavy metal but I also listen to some reggae and most other genres as long it's music played by an actual band (no dubstep etc). My only real hobby is online gaming, I'm currently between teams but I used to play for a CS:S clan and before that Quake Live. Other than that, I'm mostly just hanging out with my friends :)

updated by @edward-jeffrey: 01/13/15 09:34:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome how are u washing are u using ea salt to speed it up at all?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

I'm washing it through with sea salt about once a week and the rest of the week I'm keeping it dry. I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not but my reasoning is that my hair is naturally quite frizzy and brittle and I'm worried that washing it with sea salt too often might damage it, and when it gets wet it seems to become looser. I'm pretty much just guessing at what I should be doing to help dreads form to be honest :S

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salts not washing u should be washing 2-3 times a week with a dread shampoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.fom or theres others in our shops or u can use baking soda and acv

seasalts used to dry the hair ou5 so it dreads faster but not to wash..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form