Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just starting out

Rhiannon Lisbeth
@rhiannon-lisbeth
12 years ago
3 posts

have chosen the twist and rip method after much reading - i want thinner dreads, and dont want to put all sorts of nasty products in my hair! the only problem i'm having is getting the last 2 inches to stay together.

i've been advised to palm roll the ends - what do you guys think?

updated by @rhiannon-lisbeth: 01/13/15 09:34:09PM
Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

Might as well leave them.
Looser or tapered ends are better for your dreads anyway as they help drain water from when you wash.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Palm rolling really does nothing. It just needs to be done over and over again every day, and each individual time doesn't actually make a difference. Unless you do it hard and vigorously, then it'll do some real damage to your roots.

The tips should be loose and wispy. Tight blunted tips hold water longer and take hours longer to dry. It's best to just leave them be. If they want to blunt on their own, they will

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

palm rollings not helpful at all only harmful the last 2 inches wi-ont stay and di=oesnt need to

your going to have a couple inchyes loose at both ends for nearly a year then tighten up to within 1/2 inch

jut leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rhiannon Lisbeth
@rhiannon-lisbeth
12 years ago
3 posts

thanks guys! that's really helpful.

my hands are killing me, i've got so much hair - been working on them for a couple of days and still half a head to go!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u know u dont got to work on them at all if u just dont comb they will happen why hurt yiurself when u can just let it be and its all pure pleasure?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rhiannon Lisbeth
@rhiannon-lisbeth
12 years ago
3 posts

im actually finding it quite therapeutic - if i just dont comb then not a lot happens, and i want pretty thin dreads - so i'm going for twist and rip. they're looking amazing. i know the next couple of weeks are going to be messy, but i really dont want to put anything on them - hate the idea of having stuff stuck in my hair for the foreseeable future!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Some of those TnR will probably loosen up a LOT or completely over the next month. Try not to re-do any of them though because it will just repeat the process from the beginning.

I used TnR and at 4 months a lot of my tips have blunted and locked up on their own while some are still loose. It will just take time and patience to get the results you are looking for.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form