Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Facing fears and a spiritual journey

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

did that last night. i move a lot so it wasn't that easy but i didn't wake up with an awful giant knot this morning. can i regularly wear headbands or scarves? i like decoration lol but i don't want to inhibit the process

updated by @justsomechick: 07/23/15 06:54:23PM
Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

The best thing for decorating and helping the process along are beads. Once you hair has formed natural sections, slide some beads on. I make my own from fimo clay, but you can buy them from your local craft or haberdashery store.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
If your a fan of wooden beads Walmart has a ginormous container of them for $4-$5. They fit my baby dreads mostly. And the ones that don't I drill them out with a pair of pointy scissors. Loving all the beads and I have enough to not care when they fly out of my hair.
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

Thanks! peace and love to you =)

Becsley Q Penguinface said:

I can't give you any tips as I'm still a noob, but I can wish you strength on your journey and peace and happiness to follow :D x

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

I do like beads! i have nothing to put beads on yet, but i plan to when the babies come around. thanks for the heads up!
Jen said:

If your a fan of wooden beads Walmart has a ginormous container of them for $4-$5. They fit my baby dreads mostly. And the ones that don't I drill them out with a pair of pointy scissors. Loving all the beads and I have enough to not care when they fly out of my hair.
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

Thanks! so just put them on when my hair starts sectioning itself? or when baby dreads start showing up?

Claire Wilson said:

The best thing for decorating and helping the process along are beads. Once you hair has formed natural sections, slide some beads on. I make my own from fimo clay, but you can buy them from your local craft or haberdashery store.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I've been throwing hem on my sections and it's helping them knot, but I t&r'd so I have a little bit of grip at the roots. Not much but some lol. As long as they don't slide right off it's all good.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Beads pretty much act like imitation knots. If you can get them to stay on when they are just sectioning themselves, go for it. Some people have problems getting them to stick. But be careful, if they are too tight, and you don't move them around a lot, you can make a little weak spot where it compresses too much. And also, hair can knot up above and below it locking it in place. So move them around periodicaly

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form