Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Facing fears and a spiritual journey

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

Hi Everyone! I'm Veronica. Wife to Mike, mom to 7 month old Mikey. I've been contemplating dreads for years. as you can see in my pic, I have long curls (no dreads yet.) I love my curls, but something about dreads screams ultimate freedom to me. I plan to use the neglect method. All my life I have been judge, haven't we all? But i haven't dealt with it well and i feel that by neglecting and going on a journey instead of trying to have my cake and eat it too, that I will learn how to accept things in a better way. if that makes sense? lol.

does anyone have any tips regarding the neglect method?

updated by @justsomechick: 02/14/15 03:37:09AM
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

also, for occassions that i need to dress up for, how can i fix up my hair while it is in the messy stage? can i use a loose hair tie, headbands or a large clip to pull it back?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you are so right about that and yiu will feel it from day 1

well

tips

enjoy the journey

wash 1-3 times a week with the bs/acv or a dread soap if soap scrub just the scalp then rinse thru

if bs pour and soak no touching

afterwards just shake your head to shake out the drippies and let it air/drip or sun dry

your hairs probly gonna dread like it was waiting for this momment all its/your life so with extra fast dreading comes a lil more attention to seperateing as it starts to dreads they will try to connect to eachother mainly at the roots so u wil have to seperate often

that gets less as they mature but early on ewhen theres alot of looseness it will ned more attention

umm

as you dread u will start to feel more beautiful more pierful and self assued but at the same time u may get thousands of compliments from some others may constantly bombard u with "your ruining your hair" "you ued to be so pretty what happened" ..just rememver ..thats their perception only you know your beauty and others see it shine even more radiently but some ppl just look at you through the haze of misinformatuon and no matter what u say or do refuse to nelive that yor hairs clean healthy and beautiful

fortunateky thats a mil=nority and most ppl will see you as a goddess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

loose ties are better carfs bandanas etc

JustSomeChick said:

also, for occassions that i need to dress up for, how can i fix up my hair while it is in the messy stage? can i use a loose hair tie, headbands or a large clip to pull it back?

--
Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

I can't give you any tips as I'm still a noob, but I can wish you strength on your journey and peace and happiness to follow :D x

Tia
@tia
12 years ago
24 posts

Welcome :) First and foremost... relax. Neglect method is about patience, really. Oh and separating... Don't forget to separate as you go. You'll learn along the way exactly what's good for you and your locs.

I use hair ties and headbands on a daily basis, but for dressy occasions do what makes you feel good.You'll know if something you're using/doing is hindering your locs from forming. I liked to use bandanas in the beginning so my babies could be loose underneath and form as they liked.

I hope you enjoy your journey and update us frequently!

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

thanks for all the awesome replies! two of you mentioned separating... what exactly does that mean?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

2 dreads that try to join togethr pull away from eachother til thdconnecting hairs disconnect

--
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

oh okay. just read about that in the dreaducation section. so just separate as i see fit?

also, my hair tends to mat up a lot in the back when i sleep. it turns into one giant knot sometimes. anyway to prevent this?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

jut seperate the back more often u can try flipping them up over your pillow instead of laying on them too

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form