Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My greatest decision in life :)

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Thanks, I appreciate it! I have no doubt in my mind yours will come out just as wonderful.

How are you starting them?

Sarah Jeffers said:

You and your dreads are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to start mine here soon, I hope to have at least half the beauty you've got on your lovely head! :)

updated by @daydreamer: 07/24/15 12:06:20AM
Sarah Jeffers
@sarah-jeffers
12 years ago
2 posts

I was going to go with the backcombing method at first but then my friend and I decided to go with the RnT method. I'm extremely happy with the results and I love my hair more than anything now! Hahaha.

Daydreamer said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! I have no doubt in my mind yours will come out just as wonderful.

How are you starting them?

Sarah Jeffers said:

You and your dreads are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to start mine here soon, I hope to have at least half the beauty you've got on your lovely head! :)

Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
12 years ago
24 posts

Amazing :) im going through the same thing, you look beautiful !

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Thanks! :))

Elvira Figueroa said:

Amazing :) im going through the same thing, you look beautiful !

Eve2
@eve2
12 years ago
7 posts

Hi

I will start off by saying your dreads look great. I just started yesterday with mine. I have pretty fine wavy hair. Its been processed a lot, so the backcomb method worked for me to get started. I have gotten an array of negativity from people, but just one positive feedback washes all that away. I had my wifey and best friend sit for about 4 hrs last night to complete the process. anchored some glass beads and some small wraps to keep a few strands together and viola...I couldn't be more excited to make this journey. I have been a lurker of the site for some time now and have taken note of the amazing advice from fellow dreadies such as yourself. Positive vibes on your journey. I look forward to hearing more.

Eve

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Hi there Eve! Nice to know my words helped you. :) The negativity definitely gets annoying a first but once you break past all that you begin to learn. The journey teaches you things you thought you'd already knew and strengthens you as a person.

I never thought, looking back to when I was just considering dreads, that they would grow not only on my head but into my heart.

Much love to you and your baby locs. Stick with your journey as tough as it may get. <3

Eve Laudat said:

Hi

I will start off by saying your dreads look great. I just started yesterday with mine. I have pretty fine wavy hair. Its been processed a lot, so the backcomb method worked for me to get started . I have gotten an array of negativity from people, but just one positive feedback washes all that away. I had my wifey and best friend sit for about 4 hrs last night to complete the process. anchored some glass beads and some small wraps to keep a few strands together and viola...I couldn't be more excited to make this journey. I have been a lurker of the site for some time now and have taken note of the amazing advice from fellow dreadies such as yourself. Positive vibes on your journey. I look forward to hearing more.

Eve

Tyler G
@tyler-g
12 years ago
3 posts

Beautiful story! :-) I am excited to be a few months into this journey as well. I too almost fell for Dreadhead HQ's bullshit till I ran into this site and SE and, well...now I only use my brush for my beard! :-) I'm glad that everything I thought I knew about dreads was a lie. I'm glad that organic, natural dreads are starting to form on my head without any assistance from me. And mostly I'm glad for this site and the opportunity to share the journey with wonderful dread headed beautiful people all over the world. One love.

Tyler

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

The criticism some people will give you about your decision to start/have locs is just ridiculous. I've found that it isn't so much that they're judging you but they are uneducated on how to begin and/or care for them so they have a bad outlook on them. I just try to help them understand its no different from any other hairstyle except for the obvious; we don't brush. But hell, what came first? The hair on our heads or the brush you bought yourself at the store? :)

Amanda said:

2/3rds through my t&r session, I ran to the store. While I was there, I ran into a friend who worked there. So, I said to her, "I decided to do my dreads again" and her response was, "Why?".....she didn't say it in a nice voice either. I wasn't mad, but more surprised. Here is a girl with an alternative image (piercings and tattoos and will wear pink wigs, etc.) and she is questioning why in a tone like I'm dumb for doing so. But I didn't care what she thought...I know I will be spending the rest of my life with people scrutinizing my dreads, but it isn't their hair and thus isn't up to them what I do with it. I, too, feel like doing this is the best decision I've made.

P.S. I absolutely LOVE your dreads. They look amazing. :)

shana dyke4life
@shana-dyke4life
12 years ago
5 posts

I am so happy that I just can across this.... I just now posted yet another question about my dreads. I just started them yesturday & being the perfectionst I am I keep asking questions. I was so worried that I was doing the wrong that I was about to take them out & just NOT do it, but then I red this & relized that the don't need to be perfect, every lock is diffrent & every lock is beautiful... Thank you so much! You have saved my baby dreads..... I am more determined then ever to get them in..... Peace <3 & Natty-Ness!!!!

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Awesome thread. Unfortunately I didn't find this site until a week AFTER I got a dread perm. SE saved me money and gave me hope for my dreads by telling me not to go back to the salon. 7 weeks in and they are starting to look pretty messy. Very hard to give up control but liberating at the same time.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form