Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crazy toddler dread

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Ok, I tnred a dread on my two year old, amd it sticks straight up! How do I fix it?
updated by @necia-stoll: 01/13/15 09:31:48PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's probably TnR'd too tightly against the scalp. When you TnR or back comb locks, they should be somewhat loose at the scalp. There should be about 1/2 - 1 inch of untangled hair at the root. If it's too tight, it'll stick up like that. You could get some jojoba oil and take a small dab of it and massage it into the root. Loosen that hair up. If it's nottootight, it'll loosen, and the lock will lay a bit flatter. If that doesn't work, you might want to take it out, and put it into more gently

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
It's loose at root. I think maybe her hair is just too stiff? Maybe the oil will help it lay flatter.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How long is his/her hair? When locks are shorter, they stick out anyway. It's just that there isn't enough weight to pull it down. As it grows out, there will be more weight pulling it down.

The oil could help, though. But don't just leave it there. Wash it out afterwards

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
It's only about 4 or 5 inches.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's still pretty short. It'll be another inch or so before it weighs itself down on it's on. But the oil should help some

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

put on a hat or scarf for a few hiurs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Doesn't matter now. My mom brushed out all her little dreads :/