dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice request

Sally
@sally
12 years ago
4 posts

Hello

This is an SOS to all you seasoned dreadlockers.

My hair is evolving after 2.5 months of going natural, my hair has always wanted to dread. BUT it is getting shorter all the time as the locks want to runkle up. I am spending hours and hours trying to tease them straight again and hand rolling them, although i like the wiggles I'm worried they will just tun into big clumps if left? and i'm not sure i can sustain 4 hours several times a week! Eeek

Any advice out there? Many thanks Sally

updated by @sally: 02/14/15 04:44:36AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Just let it go, sally. It will continue to shrink andtightenfor months. There is no need to palm roll, as you have not used wax. It will not do anything for them. Actually, the oils from your hand may slow the dreading process. If you feel that the clumps are getting too big, just rip them apart. There is no need for 4 hoursmaintenanceper week!

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

thats your hair dreading it shrinks before it grows just let it do its thing and seperate when needed

Sally
@sally
12 years ago
4 posts

Gosh thank you so much guys
Is the wiggling up of the hair normal then? I'm just so worried because my hair is already half the length it was and I haven't seen any photos of other peoples wiggly locks anywhere?
S

Sally
@sally
12 years ago
4 posts

This is me now so i just leave it? photo-2.JPG

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Yeah, they look fine. Your just in the very early stages. Your hair type and length has a lot to do with how they look. As I said, if you think that a section is getting too big justseparateit to a more appropriate size for you.

Here is a taste of what you have to look forward to.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-beauty-of-the-early-messy-stage-of-natural-neglect-dreadlocks

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Yeah, just leave it. I have never heard of people having noshrinkage. It's all a part of the process. Some hairshrinksmore, some less, but it's all good. :)

Sally
@sally
12 years ago
4 posts

Thank you so much, feeling slightly less anxious....just got to give and and go with it i guess!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stopessing wiyh them they havce to shrink to dread and palm wrilling all day every day wont help byut can really weaken the roots justy leave em alone let em dread wash and seperate and thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Richelle
@richelle
12 years ago
7 posts

I think they look great :-)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form