Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hairs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo .

thats 1 of the better documentaries the filmaker was nominated for an oscar for a diferent project and this won the la film awards best documentary

this 1 isnt a gathering but after katrina hit the gulf and fema faiked to mobilize quickly (thnx bush) rainbows mobalized and came to the rescue since then theres been ongoing disaster relief efforts
theres also dozens..maybe hundreds of rainbow kitchens that travel fukl time feeding or well no..sharing food wherever they go and not soup kitchen slop gourmet vegatarian (mostly) healthy food by the ti]on

this wasnt recorded at a gathering (everyones too clean haha) but after a garthering many of the best musicians went to a nearby farm to record this

just an example of the mucsic that flows through the air from camp to camp driven by the main drum circles

this is a musical that came out of the portugal gathering

although rainbow has its own lingo and culture much of our "hipstory" and teaching isnt done through writting but through song and story (known as heartsong) stuff like this teaches new gatherers how to gather while keeping it fun

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&amp;videoid=6375360">rainbow spirit</a><br/>

this isnt the best quality but i love this vid

note at about 18 min in i think it is you will see a really creative human powered motorhome the dude lives in that travels the country coast to coat by hop/skipping aling youll see alot of wild "rainbow technology" like that

this was the cali gathering a really beautiful one

nite when the filmer was interviewing ram dass i was sitting right next to him

although most of the time when the crowds gathered around ram i just left him to do his baba thing and came backto hang out morning and night before the masses found him and started to surround him ..it was much nicer to just be able t6o chill

ok i got way way more but this will keep ya busy a few hiurs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 10:39:14AM
kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

i watched them and i just want to say i feel this anger from the shooting at the kitty grounds or whatever it was called like the cti or whatever they were called just made up excuses to "shoot a bunch of hippies" that angered me especially in front of little children but all in all i would love to attend these gatherings, all thats left is 1 year and a half until im on my own and can attend these

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form