Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hairs

kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

When you've had your dreads for about 4 months or so, and you have little sections of loose hair , do you just leave it or turn them into their own little dreads and eventuallyCongothem with others, also i find myself messing with my dreads allot and eventually my scalp hurts. Should i just leave it be so theirritationgoes away or how to i make a quick fix of the problem, also i used T&R no tools or products .

updated by @kyle-britton: 02/14/15 11:17:06AM
Sweet,
@sweet
12 years ago
133 posts

I have the same problem and have been told that you could use a hook to pull the loose hairs through, but would be sooo kack handed with the mirror and all, so what i did after about 5 months was trim the loose hairs off, hoping it would be only the one time. Hope that helps, but yeh leave it all alone now if your scalp is hurting :)

kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

yeah but idon'twant to use a crochet hook, i feel it would be cheating , at least to me in my opinion and my hair sticks together after i just give it a lil palm rolling

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Crochet hooks are damaging to your hair. Ask SE.

kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

SE just seems to be the all knowing "WISE-MAN" when people want opinions and answers, and he does make good points with allot of things, however i think you should just do what you want to your dreads and not let someone else opinion interfere with your style preference of dreads.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagle only makes those comments because he know about dreadlocks and he cares about the health of your locks.

You could use a hook to "clean up" those hairs, but you will be breaking tons of hairs in the process which ends up making more broken hairs stick out of the body of your lock which makes them look frizzy. Then you'll crochet those hairs back in which breaks more hairs and so on and so on. Talk to the people in the recovery forum to see what happens to crocheted locks.

You should just leave them be. The 4 month mark is usually the messiest stage. in a month or so you will see those loose sections start to come together really quickly. There's absolutely nothing that you need to do to "fix" them.

If you feel like you really want to coax a section along. Get a bead with a small enough hole and slip in on that tuft of hair. Beads generally help speed up locking. But at 4 months, you don't have to do anything. Like I said, 4 months is a messy stage. but 6 months sees much improvement and pretty much all forward progress. Talk to Valerie. She's a little ahead of you, I believe. She can give you tons of insight into where you'll be going in the next little while. Eagle and I know, but are a little further removed from that early stage

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

using the hook will only create more loose hairs and the need to use the hook over and ob=ver

\trimming the loose hairs makes no sense either because its not a 1 time then done thing your always alwaya always going to have lkoose hairs

when you seperate dreads and hear that lil ru]ip sound thats loose hairs being created but you leave em alone they become dreads just let them dread they will form new baby dreads about every 3 months(how li]=ong it takes for them to get long enough to dread)

theres no need to battle the situation just accept it and let it happen

if your always fighting against the dreads natural tendency your only going to be hurting the dreads

poking holes with hooks is just going to break a ton of hairs that pop out needing to be pulled back in

trimming them off wont cause more but more will show up anywat]=y

why bother?

besides the loose hakrs just make yoiur hair softer more touchable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

yeah im really excited for the 6th month mark , from all the videos i have watched, the progress is just awesome but also i dont have the desire to chop off any of the hair nor crochet , although i do know a couple people that ive ran into say that they have used one but they dont do it all the time and theirs look nice, i also dont want the big thickgnarly looking dreads but the more smaller-medium sized dreads also i was wondering if i could get some info on this rainbow place or whatever the name of it is because it just seems really chill and peaceful

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the rainbows not a place in fact its nothing but an idea (and at this point i have to add that no 1 person can say what it is or isnt it takes at least 3 to reach consensus so this is just 1 persons opinion) rainbows the largest non organization or group of non men=mbers in the world

the rainbow iseverywhere where 3 or more peaceful people who identify themselves with the idea gather

in the US they gather in houses and parks for potlucks and picnicks regularly but then theres the much larger gatherings ..regionals the country being devided into 15 (i think) regions 18 incl8ding on the road behind bars and cyberspace the 15 regins have thir own regional that average 500-1500 ppl then theres the big 1 in h=july some call the national others the annual (all gatherings happen in national forrests the annual drawns 10-50,000 (at a gues theres no way to get an accurate count and the estimates always seem mlow but are based on number of cars x3 and number of people at main circle dinner x 4(i think) then find the average between the 2 byt from experience a vehickle never has under 4 sometimes 25 or more and 1/2 hitchhike with no vehi9ckles

anyways

while the country celebrates war and independence with explosions we celebrate peace and inter-dependence with sillence

we unite all culr=tures beliefes races and nationalities by spanning all borders and acceoting all peoples who believe in peace

international and world gatherings tend to be ion pivate land and not much bigger then a regional

but almost every country has had at least 1 of not many gatherings now

we have no leaders no official anything we use no money we sign no permits we cooperate and care our economy is not 1 of greed but generocity ..give trade or share

i got dozens of vids if u want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kyle britton
@kyle-britton
12 years ago
13 posts

that would be nice, i think ill give them a look if you dont mind

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus