Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About to start some dreads.

Pikey
@pikey
12 years ago
14 posts
Hey there everybody, I have a plethora of questions and will try to keep it as concise as possible. Basically here's the lowdown on my hairtype: I have hair down almost to the middle of my back. My hair is pretty straight with a touch of waviness to it. Unfortunately some of the hair closer to the front has broken off and is as short as 6 inches in some places but I'm not too worried about them, as I figure they will probably just get sucked into nearby dreads.My next line of questions are about how I should dread my hair. I understand that the natural method is the best for growing dreads with longevity. However I do utilities work that requires me to work in people's yards and look semi presentable when I knock on their doors or when I meet with utility representatives. So I do need have some definition to them. No Congo's or really ratty dreads (even though I really like them to be all different.)The huge question is this: what method should I use, and how specifically is that method carried out? I am adamant about getting them and I know its not pretty at first and I am prepared to deal with that. I am just tired of hearing so many conflicting methods. It seems that wherever I look somebody is telling ypu how NOT to do ot and not HOW TO do it.
updated by @pikey: 02/14/15 05:18:22AM
Pikey
@pikey
12 years ago
14 posts
Oh and I'm sorry Eagle. I'm using the mobile version and I am having difficulty replying on my comment wall.
Pikey
@pikey
12 years ago
14 posts
That's what I was considering. But a lot of people I have heard of using that method have reported it just all falling loose and basically being back to square one. I definitely don't want to mess with backcombing as I plan on having my dreads for the rest of my life.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr or backcomb is likeky to fall out and then redread naturaly however in short hair it falls out n=most long hair takes alot more to fall out however

you absolutely can go natural and work the job your working

when you need to deal with public tie em back tie em up or tuck em in a tam

if u tnr and it falls out u will be going natural anyway

to avoid huge congos just seperate more often

a scarf at work is a great way to let em be loose..ish..and stil cover em and look pressentable

the difference between tnr and natural is only the sectioning wich might not even follow yoir plans

also long hair dreads fast naturally tnr in long hair can take 4 hours per dread times 40 dreadsaverage u can spend 160 hours tnring only to 2 weeks later be going natural anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pikey
@pikey
12 years ago
14 posts
I see on your profile that you used T&R then nothing after. How are your locks turning out?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i looked at your pics and dude

try natural fopr just 1 week and see how u like it your hair will dread awesomely

in a week your still going to be able to undo anythng and start over but i have a feeling u might find your 1st dreads forming that fast

im surprised it wouldnt dread in a weekend without a comb

--
Pikey
@pikey
12 years ago
14 posts
Thanks eagle! Also I work out in the florida sun all day and sweat profusely. Sometimes my hair will be soaked in sweat. Will this cause problems? Also is there anything I need to know about natural dreading? Should I do any kind of seperation at the beginning? I can't express how thankfull I am to have your help and advice!
The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
12 years ago
43 posts
From what I have seen tnr falls out a lot less on skinny sections like half inch sections the fatter ones. I also have short hair though. And when hr says do natural that means no running your hands through your hair either just wash.
The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
12 years ago
43 posts
Unlike the fatter ones *
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sweats salt water it actualy will help them dread however if u eat meats processed foods junk foods your sweats going to contain alot more toxins and bacterias so u wil want to wash or rinse it out more often to avou=id stench

well dont seperate right away tik[]ll theres something to seperate

hers how it will f=go

the hair sectiins itself

gets lil messy and starts to tab]ngle and clump together into baby dreads

then they maty try to congo ot]r join together this is when u seperate any that try to combine at the roots

then they start looping this is the real dreading stage

they shrink and tighten

then finaly they change less drasticly and need less attention

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form