Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Lurked, but never introduced myself!!

Tay
@tay
5 years ago
43 posts

My name is Taylor and I joined this site after doing numerous google searches on the processes of growing dreads; eventually, those searches lead me to this site. I've been growing my hair out since February 4th, 2011, and decided after my last haircut on that day that I wanted to do something with my hair. I really didn't care for braids but I wasn't sure about dreads yet as I knew nothing about them, but always loved how they looked. So it was about April of this year in which I decided to let my hair dread. I currently have two strand twists (since May 25th) and plan on letting my hair do its thing.

So, I just want to end it saying this is a great site (much respect for SE creating this and giving great information) and I can't wait to see how my hair is in a few months.

updated by @tay: 01/13/15 09:28:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,971 posts

well its really good u joined when u did so u didnt end up twisting your dreads right off your head..

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tay
@tay
5 years ago
43 posts

Yeah I would've fell for it but luckily I found the right info. I wouldn't want to deal with over-twisting anyway as people only do it to try and make them perfect. I don't care for a super maintained/manicured look. I hope each dread looks unique and different.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,971 posts

yea i never understood that..i want dreads but dreads that dont look like dreads thing

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tay
@tay
5 years ago
43 posts

I guess its a factor of misinformation. That's what the average people see, so they want to imitate it I guess. I think it'll die down over time, once the truth reaches the masses.

Valérie
@valrie
5 years ago
548 posts

Hi Taylor! Sounds like you are off to a good start. :)
Welcome aboard and happy dreading!

Tay
@tay
5 years ago
43 posts

Hey, yes everything is going great so far & thank you :)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form