Hello people.

Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

soaring eagle said:

wow what a nice guy..

is he like that alot with other things?

He's just very set in his ways and as an 'office type' he's very sensible and probably worries what his family and friends will think of me. I get it, I really do but I'm doing something that makes me happy and I will highlight this to him should he give me any stick over it. He wasn't very supportive over my psychic development either so I kind of expected this. Still didn't stop me doing it though.
Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Rebecca said:

That's not cool. Sorry to hear he is putting you down like that. If it's any consolation i think they look awesome on you!! And in a couple months they will look even more awesome!!! Also i'm so envious of your perfect top-lid swoop in the "after" photo. I try every morning but can never get my shit that straight! You look beautiful : )

Thank you Rebecca :) What is a top-lid swoop? I'm from England and new to all the loc lingo, so apologies for the lack of knowledge.
Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Baba Fats said:

That's a shame. Well, he'll have to get used to it. As they mature, they'll grow on him. If he cares about yourhappinessthen he'll suck it up and hide his dislike. You being happy is more important than his impression of you

Baba Fats, thanks to you also! He'll get over it, he'll have to!
Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Tara C said:

Like everyone's said, if it makes you happy he'll accept it, since it's a decision that doesn't particularly affect anyone else, so there's no downside to it. Maybe it'll just take him a while cos it's a shock. Anyway, congrats on taking the plunge and starting your journey :) and welcome.

Thanks Tara, my fellow Brit. Are there many Brits on here? I've spent a good few hours navigating my way around the site today and I am in awe of everybodies dreads and uniqueness. This site is superb!!! And the support is amazing too.
I washed my barnet today and it's fuzzed up a little bit but I quite like it. It may be a little too early yet, but I've added a few beads to my baby dreads. Just gonna sit back and let them be free now.

Thank you all again for your support. Bright blessings :)

Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Ixchel said:

i'm sorry you have an unsupportive partner. it seems a lot of people do (maybe we need a group for that lol). If it makes you happy he should be able to come around & be fine with it. He'll see how much you love them, & how much joy & peace they bring you.

Seems like you have the right attitude to disapproval though, "whatever it's my hair & I love it so I don't care".
Steff A Roo said:

Thank you all.

Been food shopping today and had some very funny looks. Saw a couple of people who didn't like what I've done to my hair but I don't care, it's my hair! Sent my partner a picture of me and he replied with "Ewwww" and then proceeded to ask if it is permanent. I told him yes, to which he replied "I just hope you realise it looks crap". Cheers then!

Oh well, he'll have to like it or lump it.

This site is fantastic and a great place to come when everyone is being tough on you about choosing dreads. My will power and love of dreads will win through!

Peace.

Thank you also Ixchel, can't wait to be nosey and have a look at all your dread photos :)
hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

Welcome! We've all been, or are going through the messy stage, so I hope you find the support you need. Your dreads look fine. Over time you'll find them a great 'litmus test' to sort those who appreciate the real you from those who want you as THEY would like you to be. Good that you're sticking to your own choices. There's also groups here for people interested in psychic development.

Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

welcome! My gf don't like dreadlocks at all, but she supports me, and this is very important to me... By the way, she is the only relative who supports me in this journey, and this is just amazing for me.

Hope that your partner will change his mind, oh, and you will have amazing locs!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your gf is related to you?

isnt that sorta frowned upon? i guess depends on where your from..haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

No! Haha, she's not from my family [relative], i just messed my english [portuguese is my first language], sorry haha! But we plan to marry next year, we are too close in spirits... We disagree in some things [like dreadlocks, pot, hallucinogens], but respect, truth and love is what reign in our relationship.

soaring eagle said:

your gf is related to you?

isnt that sorta frowned upon? i guess depends on where your from..haha

Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

So, my baby dreads are a week old today!

The other half has seen them and said he doesn't like them with; "It's your hair, do what you like with it". I've also seen my parents (not that I should be worrying about what my parents say at the ripe old age of 30), they called me Bunny Wailer which I found quite amusing as they thought Bunny Wailer was Bob Marley's female cousin.

I've had a few funny looks and equally as many compliments, usually followed by "Does that mean you'll never wash your hair?". Of course I'll wash my hair, I've washed it twice this week already! I may just get a tattoo on my forehead saying 'WASHED TWICE WEEKLY DREADS', That should settle that one. Or, I could just lie and say 'no, I never wash my hair, I'm growing an adventure lice farm on my bonce'.

So anyway, enough rambling! I'm still very happy with them and looking forward to taking them away for the week on Saturday to study intensive mediumship at the Arthur Findlay College. I imagine it to be a posh place full of mostly older people and people of different cultures and countries. I won't know a soul there, so I'm quite nervous, but excited.

Ok, so here's a few photos.....This is my best one...

updated by @steff-a-roo: 07/17/15 05:18:22PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form