Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loving my dreadies :)

Mel3
@mel3
12 years ago
5 posts

hi! i'm melanie, 17 years old, and i stumbled upon this website when i was searching the internet on dreading methods. i'm glad i found it - i'm so happy that i know the truth about how to dread your hair.

i've always had a thing for dreads. i never personally wanted them, but i thought they made people look so unique. then, i just woke up one day and decided i wanted dreads myself, researched them, and went ahead. i've only had them for 3 months, but i truly believe this is the best choice i have ever made with my hair. everyday i love my dreads even more.

i decided to use the backcombing method to jump-start my dreads. i'm not using wax, crochet hook, palmroll etc., i'm basically ignoring my hair, just washing it every few days. i just have one concern: my hair is dry from coloring/straightening it in the past, and i've heard horror stories about dreads falling off because of the hair being too damaged, and this TERRIFIES me. my hair isn't horribly damaged, i've never bleached it, but it has a dry texture and the ends are split even after i trim them. i've heard of so many different ways to moisturize dreads: aloe, coconut oil, essential oils, but i don't know which one is best, or even how to put them into your dreads. any advice would be great.:)

the only thing i miss about my undreaded hair is styling it, but i have 2 sisters that let me do theirs. yesterday i worked on my 19 year old's hair for 6 hours putting beautiful cornrows in, and my 10 year old sister loves my braided headbands i do on her.

next school year (my last year, YESS!) i'll be taking 2 cosmetology & aesthetics classes, and possibly have a co-op at a local hair salon. i wonder what people would think if their hairdresser has dreadlocks? i guess i'll find out ~! :)

thanks for reading and have a good day :)

updated by @mel3: 01/13/15 09:23:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome

u can just adda lil of jojoba or aloe to a rinse pour it on wait as few min then rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mel3
@mel3
12 years ago
5 posts

thank you! i will look into that!

soaring eagle said:

welcome

u can just adda lil of jojoba or aloe to a rinse pour it on wait as few min then rinse

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form