Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what's wrong with people

nappyL.
@nappyl
12 years ago
8 posts
I just started my locs people keep coming up to me and touching my hair or asking if they can the ones that ask I don't have a problem with but the people that just touch are pissing me off
updated by @nappyl: 02/14/15 04:43:07AM
oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
12 years ago
38 posts
Happened to me once in office max by the employee.. Weird no idea why
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

threy usualy ask i think some think they can cop a feel without u noticing haga

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nappyL.
@nappyl
12 years ago
8 posts
I get it when it's someone you know but why do strangers think its cool

oostan heimach said:
Happened to me once in office max by the employee.. Weird no idea why
nappyL.
@nappyl
12 years ago
8 posts
think I should cop a feel right back ?

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha sure but to avoid getting arrested tell them so tyou think its ok to jusrt grab my hair? well then in that case its ok for me to grab your ass..lol

but i think if u just do it without saying anything u might gert into trouble

nappyL. said:

think I should cop a feel right back ?

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

ROFL. Yeah. there are shades of gray with that. "They grabbed my HAIR so I grabbed their ASS."

Some people have varying measurements of their 'comfort zone' and what they interpret other's to be. Like here in the US we don't kiss cheeks when greeting. It's a cultural thing but also a personal choice with how 'personal' we like to get with people or not. Some people detest shaking hands. *shrug* And others like to grab other people's hair because they think it's ok.

"So you're a hair puller, huh?" waggle your eyebrows at them. Watch their reaction. You'll either get a chuckle and a slight blush from them or a mortified huff and they walk away. Either way, entertaining!!!

My family members have started grabbing my hair now, too. Sister, aunts, uncles, etc. Just curious about the changing texture. I don't have a problem with it as long as I see their hand coming at me. Coming up behind me is a different story, though. Reflexes, man. They get people hurt. Maybe the offending person needs to be reminded that we all have ingrained security reflexes that when we don't like something we will lash out.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
I haven't dealt with this due to dreads yet, but the same happens with pregnant bellies & new babies. Why on earth would it be okay for a stranger to step way inside my personal bubble invading my comfort zone & touching (rubbing) my body or child's face/hands? I don't even like friends or family rubbing on that baby bump without my say so. I suggest doing it back, so reaching for &/or touching their hair or making mention of if they would be comfortable if you just starting messing with theirs. They normally realize they overstepped bounds.
nappyL.
@nappyl
12 years ago
8 posts
thanks for you input your probably right I'm going to try that hair puller comment next time

Angel Frye said:

ROFL. Yeah. there are shades of gray with that. "They grabbed my HAIR so I grabbed their ASS."

Some people have varying measurements of their 'comfort zone' and what they interpret other's to be. Like here in the US we don't kiss cheeks when greeting. It's a cultural thing but also a personal choice with how 'personal' we like to get with people or not. Some people detest shaking hands. *shrug* And others like to grab other people's hair because they think it's ok.

"So you're a hair puller, huh?" waggle your eyebrows at them. Watch their reaction. You'll either get a chuckle and a slight blush from them or a mortified huff and they walk away. Either way, entertaining!!!

My family members have started grabbing my hair now, too. Sister, aunts, uncles, etc. Just curious about the changing texture. I don't have a problem with it as long as I see their hand coming at me. Coming up behind me is a different story, though. Reflexes, man. They get people hurt. Maybe the offending person needs to be reminded that we all have ingrained security reflexes that when we don't like something we will lash out.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

No-one's touched my hair without asking (except family/friends), so I'm lucky with that cos I have a thing about personal space and whatever. Guess they just presume that it'd be OK.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form