Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beeswax

Zoe Lopez
@zoe-lopez
12 years ago
5 posts
About a week and a half ago I started my little dread baby's with beeswax only because when I tried to start them a week prior they would just come loose from either shower humidity or Florida humidity. To me they seem to be alright Im no stranger to dreads prior to restarting my dreads I had had them for 7yrs you could see the difference in my profile pics. They seem fine to ME but I need YOUR opinions. Before my dreads were over manicured and while roots looked great my ends were all weak and stringy and I really began to hate the way they looked so I made the big chop. Now I understand myself a little more and I want my dreads to look more freeformed or effortless so to speak. Do I need to wash the wax out? If so how would my hair not come loose from these little twist? Now I doing this thing the right way so I can be satisfied with the results and I figure what better people to ask than you dreadheads or dread lovers. So help me out y'all I guess after 7 yrs of dreads I'm really new to the game and found that I actually knew nothing at all about this journey. So give me a holla, thanx in advance!
updated by @zoe-lopez: 01/13/15 09:23:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax must be removed

u dont need to twist anyway

they will loosen before tightening

beeswax is extra hard to remove wso id start over after removing it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
12 years ago
751 posts

if your hair is just twisted I think it would be easiest to undo them and wash out all the wax. It's not necessary, it will slow actual dreading while making them look locked.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not to menmtion trapping dirt and water causing mold it never washes out it makes em stiff and sticky

just all around bad idea

--
Zoe Lopez
@zoe-lopez
12 years ago
5 posts
Ok so I should just wash this out and just leave my hair be?
Zoe Lopez
@zoe-lopez
12 years ago
5 posts
@ Paula what do u mean by looking locked lol I feel like a dork asking but I gotta learn some how thanks
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
12 years ago
751 posts

lol no prob :) What wax does is stick the hair together. However little you use that's what it does.When hair is actually locked it is really intricately tangled together..like it weaves itself together..wax doesn't allow for the movement needed to tangle, so it looks all tight and together but on the inside it's just stuck together instead

Zoe Lopez
@zoe-lopez
12 years ago
5 posts
Ohhhh ok... Ok other question what if I didn't use that much wax like I only sealed the tips, do u still suggest I just start over?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well u want to get it all out and its very hard to remove without starting over u can spend months try6ing and never be sure u got it all

thats why if your under a month in its best to start over

--
Zoe Lopez
@zoe-lopez
12 years ago
5 posts
Ok thanks soaring eagle peace and love bro
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form