Dreadlocks Forums

Helloooo

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

Hey everyone

I've been on here for a little while and realised I've never introduced myself

I live on the East coast of Australia with my husband and our 2 year old boy who is awesome. We live on 73 acres of bushland, I have horses, goats, dogs, chooks and a pig (they are all pets) I'm into rock climbing, horse riding and playing guitar (although I'm pretty crap at all 3). I've done a bit of travelling - but we are in family mode now so no big far out trips to mystical lands in the near future (but I think we'll go to cambodia and thailand soon for some rock climbing and sight seeing)

I have a love hate relationship with my dreads. I love them - but every time i see a beautiful head of long lady hair I yearn for my old butt-length knot free locks (then i realise how cool dreads are). I had them made by twist n rip and crochet method.

Somehow people expect them to stay neat and new - they don't understand they are a living work of art that change shape everyday.

Anyway - thats me. I don't have any far out political or religious views (each to their own) I'm into nature and thats about as simple as it gets.

updated by @sheribaby: 01/13/15 09:22:58PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd love to visit Australia someday. Hopefully before we have kids, cause I her you, when they are young, it;s hard to travel like that. We want to see Machu Pichu, but a hike like that wouldn't go over with a young'n. I always wanted to go to Cambodia, too. But more for the historical aspect.

We've all had that love/hate relationship. It wanes after a while when you stop thinking of yourself as the person with locks, and rather as that person who happens to have locks. The only thing I miss about having straight hair is being able to grow it out and donate it. No one takes dreadlocks for donations because you can't condition them. I would love to find people willing to cut their locks off and donate them to a real "locks" for love. Kids would probably get so excited to have hair that looks different than everyone else's.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whats a chook?

id love to visit austraila too i wish i had 72 acres..:(

but ui hope u stopped crocheting crochet is extremely bad for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i believe its a chicken

soaring eagle said:

whats a chook?

id love to visit austraila too i wish i had 72 acres..:(

but ui hope u stopped crocheting crochet is extremely bad for dreads

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

Yes - in Australia we endeavour to always shorten the names of things ....

chicken becomes chook, afternoon is arvo,service station is servo, registration is rego, sandwich is sanga, sausage is snag. There are heaps more - and we often shorten the names of towns - Rockhampton is Rocky, Gladstone is Gladdy, Bundaberg is Bundy, Brisbane is Brissy.

We are just one lazy country :)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
I love all those abbreviations! & omgosh can I come live with you? It sounds like my dream!

Sheribaby said:

Yes - in Australia we endeavour to always shorten the names of things ....

chicken becomes chook, afternoon is arvo,service station is servo, registration is rego, sandwich is sanga, sausage is snag. There are heaps more - and we often shorten the names of towns - Rockhampton is Rocky, Gladstone is Gladdy, Bundaberg is Bundy, Brisbane is Brissy.

We are just one lazy country :)

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

Depends....are you good with a shovel?? :)

Ixchel said:

I love all those abbreviations! & omgosh can I come live with you? It sounds like my dream!

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I've hiked to Machu Piccu and its pretty gruelling - I wouldn't take my 2 year old on the Inca trail :( But you can always catch the train to Machu Piccu.

Baba Fats said:

I'd love to visit Australia someday. Hopefully before we have kids, cause I her you, when they are young, it;s hard to travel like that. We want to see Machu Pichu, but a hike like that wouldn't go over with a young'n. I always wanted to go to Cambodia, too. But more for the historical aspect.

We've all had that love/hate relationship. It wanes after a while when you stop thinking of yourself as the person with locks, and rather as that person who happens to have locks. The only thing I miss about having straight hair is being able to grow it out and donate it. No one takes dreadlocks for donations because you can't condition them. I would love to find people willing to cut their locks off and donate them to a real "locks" for love. Kids would probably get so excited to have hair that looks different than everyone else's.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Could, but wouldn't. My girlfriend and I were planning on camping in Big Sur for our honneymoon. We love hiking and camping. Taking a train would seem cheap somehow. We'll probably do it when our kids are older, but not too old that we can't hike anymore

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I wouldn't take the train either :) the hike was pretty awesome

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form