Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to meet everyone. c:

David Breza
@david-breza
12 years ago
12 posts
I forgot to include this earlier but I was also wondering about drying them. I know that it's bad to leave moisture in your dreads because it can cause mold to grow and such. Pretty much I just try to shake it all out and then I kinda palm roll them to get more water out and then let them air dry from there. Though what I'm curious about is every now and then I've been short on time and I would blow dry them. I really like this method of drying them, it's easy and fast and seems to leave them feeling a little bit more clean even. Is this a no-no or is it okay to blow dry them?
updated by @david-breza: 07/09/15 09:29:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i shake and air dry (never palm rolled in my life) tho if its cold i blow dry but heat can cause damage so do it in quick bursts..dont blow it all dry all at one time just do real quick short bursts so u dont do heat damage

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Welcome! Nice to meet another backcomb/TNR combo method dread! That is how I have started my dreads both times now and hopefully it will be as good to me this time as it was to me last time!

David Breza
@david-breza
12 years ago
12 posts

What if I just use the cold button? Actually I'm not even sure if the one I have in mypossession has one of those, but I do believe they make them like that, no? :o

And thank you Blessed Earth Mama! I just stumbled over some of your pictures and I must say, you're dreads at 4 years before you combed them out looked beautiful!

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

If your dryer has the cold button that would work but your arm will get tired. I'd buy a fan instead and just sit in front of that. ;p

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats what i do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
David Breza
@david-breza
12 years ago
12 posts

Oh hey I never thought of that! I play a lot of keyboard after I get out of the shower for some reason so I could just set up my fan and blast it in my face. :P

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I just set my blow dryer on cool and prop it on an angle and sit down and read for a while moving my head around a lot so it doesn't just hit one area a ton

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form