Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Decorating your dreads!

Bianca Paule
@bianca-paule
12 years ago
2 posts

We all know that dreads are beautiful enough on their own, but I was just interested to know if you decorate your locks with anything? Whether it be dying or adding little trinkets, let's hear your creative ideas and see some pictures :)

updated by @bianca-paule: 01/13/15 09:22:44PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I don't have any pictures of them close up, but I'm in love with beads. Only it's hard to find ones that are big enough to fit over my locks now.

I've got this neat wooden one with 2 captive rings that twist freely around it. I've got a coconut seed, a cedar tree stem hollowed out, and a glass bead with a sequoia on it. That last one never come off because my last name means tree, and I have a deep connection with them. I climb trees whenever I go hiking while my girlfriend is distracted taking pictures.

I've got a few feathers that I use to tie to my locks, but I found out recently that they areillegalto own, so I am careful, now, when I put them in

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Here are a few... more to come

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

the others

Bianca Paule
@bianca-paule
12 years ago
2 posts

They're really interesting looking :) I especially like that third one you posted, it's a nice shape :) I tend to criss-cross coloured string into mine. I've also made some beads out of polymer clay and sew synthetic coloured dreads among my real ones. I tend to dye them different colours a lot too...

Baba Fats said:

the others

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thanks, here's a different view of it. I should have taken this one first

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I never decorate my dreads. I don't even own a single bead lol but when I actually have money, I shall be buying some beads. I think they look cool :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

past decoration history

when i started i traded for 4 beads 2 bats whos wings and feet wrapped round the dread and 2 that were wait no 3 1 hammerhead sharks 1 whales 1 dolphins swimming round the dread (brass i think)

i got several hair raps too the hemp 1 i used to tie my hair up

then added bells i think its called fairy balls so i had musical dreads i jingled everywhere i went

i wrapped in crystals

had stone rings skull beads peyote stitches feathers chillums (several glass chillums and 1 made from the jawbone of a piranha damn cops took it right out of my hair i was pissed)

do preying mantises and other woodland critters that decide to take wa ride in my drads count/

i only have a couple beads in now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form