Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Considering dreads...

Jonah Uhls
@jonah-uhls
12 years ago
5 posts

I'm a 15 year old white guy in high school and I've been considering getting dreads for quite some time now. My dad's telling me too make a decision so I've got a few questions.

This is what I'm working with now; would I look alright with dreads?

2. I have straight hair in the picture above only because I straighten it pretty regularly. Would the damaged hair be a problem?

3. When/if I get them, could I part my hair to one side, or would I have to part it all down the middle?

Any additional thoughts or comments are welcomed. Thanks!

updated by @jonah-uhls: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well 1st off what di u mean by "get them" how do you think you get dreads/

2nd the straightened hair and damage might slow the process some

3rd all people look good with dreads but not all people thingk people look good with dreads tho most people will like em you will have haters hate em

when you get dreads parts go away you can throw w]em any which way yiu want but you wont have a part youl;l have a mane

but we need to know how you think dreads are "got" cause chances are when yiu think u just "get" dreads yur about to make a huge mistake

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jonah Uhls
@jonah-uhls
12 years ago
5 posts

My dad knows somebody who could get them done, I wouldn't be doing it myself. Most likely would be done by backcombing though; sorry I was unclear on that.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

At first you can still have a part, but once they dread properly and grow and everything, it'll go away, they just kind of...blur the lines, so to speak. Oh, just read that it's backcombing. Don't use any wax or anything though. But yeah, you can section the hair how you want it, but after a while the part won't be there or be noticeable.

Jonah Uhls
@jonah-uhls
12 years ago
5 posts

Most likely backcombing; the people I've talked to who have dreads tell em that that would be the better method for what I'm going for.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

modt likely/ if its a salon or something ..bad bad idea if you dont know whar they will do..bad bad idea you wsre better off doinjg thenm t[yourself never ever go to a salon or lov[ctician and u better know exactly whatthry will do or they are almost guaranteed tio screw u

Jonah Uhls said:

My dad knows somebody who could get them done, I wouldn't be doing it myself. Most likely would be done by backcombing though; sorry I was unclear on that.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

did thery also tell u to use wax? twist and rip or natural are better optionds

but if those people you talked to ds[suggested wax they s[]dont know what they are talking abiout and chances are the person that your dad knows will try to use wax or criochet ..do not lertthem u must know what thety are giihg to dio before u let tjphem do it or thety can totaly screw you like almost all who go to salons get screwed

Jonah Uhls said:

Most likely backcombing; the people I've talked to who have dreads tell em that that would be the better method for what I'm going for.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

read this thouroughly

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive

then interview this person thats going to do the m

id really recommended yiu do it yourself

--
Kristalynn
@kristalynn
12 years ago
8 posts

Yeah I mean I think your lifestyle dictates the method also. I mean I apparently didn't do enough research and even though I did them myself I back-combed and used wax (which was a mistake). But I also did them over a period of two months, not all at once. Umm but they looked pretty "dready" pretty quickly. If I were to do it again I'd twist-n-rip and just let em do their thing man. You're in high school so I mean you're not gonna be doing much too soon haha no offense. Go with a chill method, and be sure to thank your dad for approving of the dreads, my parents would in no way have let me get mine in high school

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form