Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, my names Devante, and this is my dread journey(s humble beginning)

Devante Edwards
@devante-edwards
12 years ago
3 posts

Hi there everybody, my name's Devante, I'm 16 years old and I just started my dreads about 2 weeks ago. I've been obsessed with them since I was 14 and had grown my hair out since then in order to do them. I put them in with the twist and rip method, but now I'm just letting them do there own thing with neglect. I feel like in the beginning I only wanted them because it "looked cool" but after finding this site and seeing how dreads affected some others, I started seeing it as a spiritual journey and finally decided to just take the leap and do it. Even in these short two weeks I've seen a whole nother side of it, I feel more at peace with myself, I don't feel nearly as self conciuos as I used too, and I just overall feel whole. if I didn't have them I feel like I'd be missing something. I hope that doesn't sound strange but it really is just this whole new amazing connection, I love waking up and seeing how they've changed, strangely enough I love the flat bumpy ones in the back haha, I dunno, I'm not so good at writing, I just wanted to come on here and introduce myself and say thank you to everyone on here for the great information :)
have a good one.
(I posted a picture of my locs at 1 week below)

updated by @devante-edwards: 01/13/15 09:22:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the dreads k[look great and it ddoesnt sound weird ui think almost all of us would say we feel the same

they do affect you pretty quickly

thats 1 thing that ppl who say its just hair wont understand

well welcome to the community

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devante Edwards
@devante-edwards
12 years ago
3 posts

Thanks alot man!

Yes they really do it's been mind blowing

Thanks much for the welcome (:

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

That's awesome :) many people feel the same as you, myself included, in how quickly and drastically it alters your mentality towards certain things and how it makes you feel. Happy dreading :

Devante Edwards
@devante-edwards
12 years ago
3 posts

Thank you! and I'm Glad to know Im not the only one lol (: happy dreading to you too, bless~

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form