Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Dreadlocks

Nicole
@nicole
12 years ago
125 posts

My dreads are *almost* 2 years old now and I'm noticing that they are very dry. I had 2 tear off right in the middle today while I was seperating!

YIKES! So I am freaking just a little.

Aloe Vera gel?

Jojoba oil?

How? Just right now rub some in? Add it to my wash? When its wet? Dry?

Thanks everyone!

xoxo

updated by @nicole: 02/14/15 08:50:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thats not goot aloe is good jojoba is good u can addto a rinse or wipe on a rinse penetrates more

tghe www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars i would use too they will help

u never crocheted or anythihg or bleached alit?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok u crocheted and used seasalt did u over use saqlt abnd that combined with tghe destruction of crochet is probly why they broke

i hope u havent doneeither salt ior crochet in a long time

--
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

You can use coconut oil. I've only used it in undreaded hair, but it doesn't leave the same oily residue as some low-melt-point oils, and heavier oils. You pretty much follow the instructions for wax. Take about a gram per 8ish inches, rub it into the dread. Palmroll if it makes you feel better lol. It's great stuff. Definitely get the organic, cold-pressed kind though; it's got more nutrients and such in it.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

are you bleaching your hair at all? definitely try to get your hands on one of the dreadlock shampoo bars se mentioned. they are oil based and make my hair super soft. i bet they would work well for you.

Nicole
@nicole
12 years ago
125 posts

I havent done anything to them since I took the crochet out. Nothing. I only wash every 5-7 days. I havent even used sea salt since like week 3. :/

I think they were maybe just weak in the middle. Im going to wash today. Maybe too much baking soda? I'll add the jojoba oil to my rinse. They dont FEEL dry so thats why I was so concerned. It was 2 very thin little ones too.

Nicole
@nicole
12 years ago
125 posts

Literally Ive done nothing. The crochet were out like 2 years ago then I went natural. I use BS/ACV in my wash with peppermint essential oils. No salt at all since I tried to get them going natural. But that was a very very long time ago.

soaring eagle said:

ok u crocheted and used seasalt did u over use saqlt abnd that combined with tghe destruction of crochet is probly why they broke

i hope u havent doneeither salt ior crochet in a long time

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i remember now

i would switch to the bars then

i noticed i used to lose 6-8 inches even a foot off theends i always thought was wearand tear rfrom getting caught on things and dragging on the ground but since switching to the bars havent lost any at alol i think my hairs alot healthier and stronger now

the bars are what id recomend

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u should update your profiles methods aqnd maintenance question i check those often as diagnosis tools

--
Nicole
@nicole
12 years ago
125 posts

Okay :)

And I did try the bars once. The seemed like they an icky film on my hair?

Then again, maybe that was because it was early.

I think today Ill maybe try no BS?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form