Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Early Dreads

Jason Robinson
@jason-robinson
12 years ago
4 posts

Is it possible for Dreads to from from not brushing your hair and washing with normal shampoo every two days? Its seems as though a lil Dread is forming in the back of my hair, my hair is about 6.2 inches long.

Any advice would be welcome :)

updated by @jason-robinson: 01/13/15 09:22:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it is ofcourse tho a dread shampoo will help m dread faster but some people can dread very fast even when conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jason Robinson
@jason-robinson
12 years ago
4 posts

Sweet !! I havnt brushed in about 5 months and can feel a few forming only in the back though? Think its because i wear a cap a lot? Waiting for my hair to grow longer them ill do the whole acv an bs wash, shot for the reply SE !!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why not start now but a cap will absolutely sklow or even prevent progress

1 guy on herre wore a cap daily after a year and a 1/2 he had 2 or 4 dreads finaly he gave all his caps away and a month later or so had a fulkl heasd of dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jason Robinson
@jason-robinson
12 years ago
4 posts

Yeah i hear you man, embracing the wild look is a tough task though. Need to get my hands on a tam an ill rock that every day. Learnt so much on this site so far !!

Jason Robinson
@jason-robinson
12 years ago
4 posts

WOW, 6 months down the line using just the BS wash with some oils i now have 4 lil dreads. One has dreaded all the way to the scalp an the others arnt far behind. Just wish they could dry faster.

Anyone have any drying methods ?? Standing with a hairdryer for 20min drying my hair sucks so bad !!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

sounds like you are getting some nice progress!

most people just squeeze or shake & then air dry...it can take a long while but at least you can be walking around doing things instead of just standing under the dryer & it won't be disturbing any knotting

Jason Robinson said:

WOW, 6 months down the line using just the BS wash with some oils i now have 4 lil dreads. One has dreaded all the way to the scalp an the others arnt far behind. Just wish they could dry faster.

Anyone have any drying methods ?? Standing with a hairdryer for 20min drying my hair sucks so bad !!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Locks can form with normal shampoo. But remember, most normal shampoos leave some sort of residue. That won't be good for them down the line. The BS wash will do you much better. But remember to rinse with ACV afterwards.

And caps tend to squeeze your head a little too tightly, even if it doesn't feel like that do. They can force locks to form flat, or prevent locking, like Eagle mentioned about the other guy on here

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form