Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day of the Dread

Mary Cole
@mary-cole
12 years ago
3 posts

So I've been wanting dreads since I was seventeen, and now a few years later I decided that I finally am going to go for it. Life's too short! Anywho- I put in four yesterday (not a lot I know but my arms turned into jelly) and today I got up to ten. I am only doing the ones underneath until mid may when I will finish the rest. I have maternity pictures in May and I don't want my hair looking crazy with new dreads! Anyway Im 24, full time student, happily married and waiting on my daughter who will be born in June!

I think for washing maybe I can just wash all my hair with a residue free shampoo then put leave in conditioner in the hair without dreads.. not 100 percent sure yet!

updated by @mary-cole: 01/13/15 09:21:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt condition the rest

and how are u putting them in?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u use the shampoos eceryones falling in love with u wont need to conditiion the rest

\just comb

--
Mary Cole
@mary-cole
12 years ago
3 posts

I put them in using twist and rip, and the shampoo I'm going to buy is from target it is a tea tree shampoo and I read on a website (the dread queen) that it didn't have anything in it to build up residue! The rest of my hair won't turn into straw?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not idf u use the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars or liquid '

wharts the shampoo called id recomend u consult or experts 1st theres very few at target that are ok

is it bronners if so it will not work if u got hard water

bronners is the only think i can think of target might have thats ak..if yiour waters not hard that is

--
Mary Cole
@mary-cole
12 years ago
3 posts

here is the link for the shampoo

http://www.californiababy.com/tea-tree-lavender-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

the link kinda says what the shampoo is.

So that website you posted and those shampoos (I would be using liquid) are what you would recommend? for both the dreaded and non dreaded hair?

I appreciate the advice!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they do wonders a couple members had taken out their dreasds but still been using those ill look over what i u posted tho byt id ask heather about it too click members then shampoo experts heatger researches alot of ingredients vicki makes those (the link i posted)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that doesnt look like a bad choice except its got aloe anbd jojoba

those condition and will prevent dreading

unless your african ameriv=can or have mature dreads over 2 years i wiouldnt use it

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
12 years ago
73 posts

soaring eagle said:

that doesnt look like a bad choice except its got aloe anbd jojoba

those condition and will prevent dreading

unless your african ameriv=can or have mature dreads over 2 years i wiouldnt use it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form