Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading my bangs??

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

Right now I'm on the fence about dreading my bangs or leaving them loose... I like have my bangs as regular hair but I also like how bangs look dreaded and it would also be a lot easier having them dreaded. any opinions?

updated by @sydney-noel: 02/14/15 09:44:31AM
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

My bangs (the whole front half of my head actually) is undreaded and silky. I highly recommend it! For one the bangs are wayyy easier to care for and keep untangled than the rest of your head. I comb mine out once a day and that's it. I also pull them up and back along with my dreads all the time and they are pretty easy to separate again. Sometimes the dreads start trying to eat up the hairs from the bangs but that's okay, if you separate them once a day it isn't much of a problem.

But really it all depends on the look you're going for. I left mine because for one I'm very girly and still wanted more options when it comes to styling and shampoo/conditioning and stuff. But also because I need to get a job soon and it's way easier to go under the radar with your dreads if you pull them back in a bun and have the front part regular hair... but hey, if you're going for the wilder dready look and not worried about what people think of them I say do your whole head. That would be about as low maintainence as you could get!

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

yeah i really like having my bands out but i also like how they look dreaded. I really dont care about what people think and I already have a job so that isnt the problem for me. I think i'm just worried about what my parents will think

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i say let em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

I have the same dilemma. So I have decided to let the rest of my hair dread and mature, and by the time that happens, I will have figured out what I want to do with them.

Until my dreads do mature, I will let my bangs grow, since the extra extra extra volume my hair how has has really made my face look small. I need to be able to show a little bit of forehead in order to look human, instead of looking like cousin It. :D

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I left my bangs so I can have some variety...that way if I want a different look I can cut them or add some color without too much trouble.
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

i went thru the same dilemma. at first i dreaded them. then undid them. then dreaded them again. now i have them undreaded and have decided i like them much better loose. when i want them up and out of the way its easy to just braid them and treat them like another dread.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i started out without bangs but recently combed out two dreads in the front. i wouldn't call them bangs though, its more of a long fringe. my old lady face needed some softness:)

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks everyone for your opinions! I think I'm going to let the do what they want and see what happens.

Sweet,
@sweet
12 years ago
133 posts

Me too, thats the only reason i have some bangs so i can camoflage the dreads abit when mum and dad come round.

Sweet

Sydney Noel said:

yeah i really like having my bands out but i also like how they look dreaded. I really dont care about what people think and I already have a job so that isnt the problem for me. I think i'm just worried about what my parents will think

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form