Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Wheelz
@delete
12 years ago
28 posts

I just stared dreads two days ago with the backcomb and palm roll method. Took pretty much all day, but it was well worth it. Here are the pics from right after the dreading: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/killerfroggy/2012-01-28_23-44-48_225.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/killerfroggy/2012-01-28_23-45-01_421.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/killerfroggy/2012-01-28_23-45-15_421.jpg

My head is itchy as hell right now and I read around here that I shouldn't follow the common thought of waiting 2 weeks to wash. I have some Organic Root Stimulator Uplifting Shampoo, but I was wondering if I ws them this early will they loosen up forcing me to start all over or can I wash and just let them do their thing (possibly with some pal rolling?)

THANKS!

updated by @delete: 02/14/15 05:45:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash the root stimulaters for african hair type and i di=]unno if its even wirth it for that type u can wasg wash wash wash washing helps

palkm rollings pointlerss entirely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

is tghsat lock and twist gel/ wash thsat out rigyht away dont use that

u want zero products

no gels nothing

(tho the gel tghat was just added to dreadlockshamopoo.com isnt a bad choise only if your having trouble locfking for months then try it)

the cleaner the hair the better it locks

--
Wheelz
@delete
12 years ago
28 posts

Britany said:

those look like twist.

What? I'm not sure what you mean by that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

adfrican salons know nothing about caucassian dreads so twist the hair in gel then bake it in this will not work in your hair at all

if they were backcombed its fine as long as the gels removed

Jason Adrian Kaiser said:

Britany said:

those look like twist.

What? I'm not sure what you mean by that

--
Wheelz
@delete
12 years ago
28 posts

Yea. I had a friend do them in my living room, I only got the product from the salon (Sally's to be exact), so it was done with backcombing and his experience with doing dreads. I should've just avoided the gel all together.

I appreciate all the help. I want to get the done for Burning Man in August, so I really want to take care of them and have them turn out well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

skip burning man whis=ch is rediculouisly expensive go to the gathering instead

and thats how u dread

not backcomb just go out to the woods to a gathering and it dreads while your rthere

thats how these started

and this is a gatygering

way better then burning man and 100% free

the most amazing experience u will ever have

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/we-love-you-award-winning

now burning man is a million dolar operation they do donate some to the arts biyut its a for proffit event

on the other habd rainbow is about changing the workds

we do not y=use money at all and have done many things like thios

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/waveland-cafe-started-by-our

as you can see its a world apart from a silly arts fest in the dessert

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
Redditor! I'm glad you followed the link. Stay away from the products and you will have awesome long lasting dreads.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Holy crap, it's like looking into a mirror.

So... get the product out, like every one saids before. Next, it will probably loosen what you've got, if not end up taking them completely out. It's probably better and easier to just take them out. Back combing is not the best for your hair, but nor terrible. You could mix it with some TnR. The palm rolling wont help though. I have a few that I palm rolled. Most of them either came out after the first wash, or the palm rolling loosened at least.

It's a 1 step forward 2 steps back process for a while. Burning man's not till August, so even if you went completely neglect, you'd have some nice looking locks by then.

And yes, Wash, wash wash. Nothing helps locks form better and faster and keeping them clean. The only thing you have to do is make sure they dry completely between washes and separate when needed

As for Burning man. I, too, want to go really bad. the only problem is the price. It's so expensive, but there's art there that you could never see anywhere else. I get the draw to it.

I hope you make it, but you should try to get to Gathering one day too. That one's, at least, free

Wheelz
@delete
12 years ago
28 posts

Yea. It's all out now. They did loosen up a bit, but they're still keeping shape pretty well. I haven't touched them since I posted this. They look a little haphazzard, but I still dig em. I'm kind of surprised how well they are holding to be honest. :)

Baba Fats said:

Holy crap, it's like looking into a mirror.

So... get the product out, like every one saids before. Next, it will probably loosen what you've got, if not end up taking them completely out. It's probably better and easier to just take them out. Back combing is not the best for your hair, but nor terrible. You could mix it with some TnR. The palm rolling wont help though. I have a few that I palm rolled. Most of them either came out after the first wash, or the palm rolling loosened at least.

It's a 1 step forward 2 steps back process for a while. Burning man's not till August, so even if you went completely neglect, you'd have some nice looking locks by then.

And yes, Wash, wash wash. Nothing helps locks form better and faster and keeping them clean. The only thing you have to do is make sure they dry completely between washes and separate when needed

As for Burning man. I, too, want to go really bad. the only problem is the price. It's so expensive, but there's art there that you could never see anywhere else. I get the draw to it.

I hope you make it, but you should try to get to Gathering one day too. That one's, at least, free

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form