Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MY NAME IS KNOTLOCKS

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

hey come on we look like kids. I. Why do we insult over and over knotlocks?

Because he has different dreadlock kind than ours? maybe thats because when we wanted dreads, he hear or waxed and croched locks and heard that neglectwasnt a good solution (as me)

or maybe you insult him because you think he is arrogant, say that we want to learn but doesnt listen. Try to understand... 3 years of his life he did it this way. You want him that he recognizes that all of this was an error. it's probably for him a little bit like saying all 3 years passed was stupid. Thats not easy. He will certainly needs a little time to really understand it and admitthers better way

its hard for me to convince you because my primaly language is not english but frensh. what i want to to understand is that you want knottlocks to understand, dodnt be arrogant with him. Only be kind, try to by with him.

I think were a good community. We should always promotte peace and accept everyone in our community. If persons are arrogant and just say stupid argument, the best way to convince him is to answer to him with calm. insults never bring other thing sthan negative

thank you

updated by @gabriel-beauchemin: 07/09/15 07:01:12PM
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts

i dont hate you man. hate is too strong of an emotion to be expressed over loc methods. lol I've never believed that the best way to convince a person is to attack their beliefs. For me......i fell to each his own. As individuals we have to take responsibility for what we do to our hair. A little research goes a looooong way. @ Rose i'm calling Ghost Busters lol

KNOTLOCKS said:

I don't make business out of it. I make videos. I am a fulltime student and photographer. No Time to run a hair salon. This is all for fun. If someone happens to give me $100 to give them dreads fine Ill do it.

I tell them firstly that my way of doing dreads is unconventional, but it's up to them before I do anything.

but hey, If I ain't gonna get no love from this site, Haters are just as good lol.

Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts

Bravo !

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

hey come on we look kids. I. Why do we insult over and over knotlocks?

Because he has different dreadlock kind than ours? maybe thats because when we wanted dreads, he hear or waxed and croched locks and heard that neglectwasnt a good solution (as me)

or maybe you insult him because you think he is arrogant, say that we want to learn but doesnt listen. Try to understand... 3 years of his life he did it this way. You want him that he recognizes that all of this was an error. it's probably for him a little bit like saying all 3 years passed was stupid. Thats not easy. He will certainly needs a little time to really understand it and admitthers better way

its hard for me to convince you because my primaly language is not english but frensh. what i want to to understand is that you want knottlocks to understand, dodnt be arrogant with him. Only be kind, try to by with him.

I think were a good community. We should always promotte peace and accept everyone in our community. If persons are arrogant and just say stupid argument, the best way to convince him is to answer to him with calm. insults never bring other thing sthan negative

thank you

KNOTLOCKS
@knotlocks
13 years ago
23 posts

Thank you for the support.

I decided to get dreads for spiritual reason, as much of you did also I assume. So I do forgive any negative feedback I have received.

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

thank you

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nobody hates ya man but the i dont care how damaging it is ill recomend it anyway attitude has caused thousands to suffer needlessly thats jonny clean for u still pushing wax ecven after facing hundereds of shaved heads cause of him we just want ya to be better then that ..dont go around telling ppl they should do these thigs that are well known to be harmful

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KNOTLOCKS
@knotlocks
13 years ago
23 posts

I shall use a big DISCLAIMER from now on.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good nuff

--
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

i'd like to know more about the spirituality behind your dreads. i feel like you're restricting nature by doing so much maintenance, and you're unable to enjoy the full spiritual journey since you're not letting nature be your guide.

you probably didn't know that this site is mostly devoted to completely natural dreads, and you probably didn't know that you'd upset so many people with the pride you have in your methods. this is a deeply spiritual place. the discussions that take place here go so much deeper than the roots on our heads; they dip into our souls and into the life force all around us.

for us, dreads are much more than what they look like physically, and i think that's why you got such a negative reaction. i feel pretty confident in saying that most of us probably couldn't care less about loose hairs or loops or things like that. those are all unique, quirky attributes that nature has given us and our dreads. we celebrate the differences! i think if you did like SE said and left your hair alone for 6 months you'd really enjoy seeing what nature does to it.

KNOTLOCKS said:

I decided to get dreads for spiritual reason, as much of you did also I assume. So I do forgive any negative feedback I have received.

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

thank you

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i love ya britt :)

tho i will correct ya on 1 point although the natural way is recomended cause it is the healthiest and yes most spiritual and rewarding way we arent a site dedicated to natural dreads only but to healthy dreads that last that is the thing if you treat your dreads so they last long enough they will teach ya all the lessons you need to learn anyway so should go as naturakl as possible from that point on

and really the reason for the negativity was the number of harmful methods one on tiop of another combined with the arogance and the i dont care if its harmful i'll go on harming anyway

and i think many were under the impression that you actively were doing these to others not just making vids ..and profiting from the harm

but vids are dangerouse enough

ppl mostly now are aware that wax is bad but theres ppl like skillteacher making how to crochet dreads vids that get 300K views now we are having every other person falling into the crochet trap..and skillteacher in 1 of his vids breaks his gfs dread off like it was nothing.. it just falls off in his hand then he dares to say iot broke cause he didnt crichet it enough

all the vids on youtube recomending everythung from superglue to burning your dreads do alot of harm

u saw the vid i posted with the scalp screamming in agonty well thrres hundreds maybe thousands like that pushing the salon look of pain and ppl believe cause its "professional" that its better and buy into itbaby britt said:

i'd like to know more about the spirituality behind your dreads. i feel like you're restricting nature by doing so much maintenance, and you're unable to enjoy the full spiritual journey since you're not letting nature be your guide.

you probably didn't know that this site is mostly devoted to completely natural dreads, and you probably didn't know that you'd upset so many people with the pride you have in your methods. this is a deeply spiritual place. the discussions that take place here go so much deeper than the roots on our heads; they dip into our souls and into the life force all around us.

for us, dreads are much more than what they look like physically, and i think that's why you got such a negative reaction. i feel pretty confident in saying that most of us probably couldn't care less about loose hairs or loops or things like that. those are all unique, quirky attributes that nature has given us and our dreads. we celebrate the differences! i think if you did like SE said and left your hair alone for 6 months you'd really enjoy seeing what nature does to it.

KNOTLOCKS said:

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

thank you

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I love you too Britt...but I also agree with SE. How spiritual is it to arrogantly and willfully mislead people and in turn harm them?!!! How much spirituality do you feel while you crochet your hair? I don't get it frankly. The biggest thing I learned from my journey was that I was not in charge and that nature is stronger than I will ever be. I had to surrender to the process. Accepting myself in my natural state was liberating but terriffying. It also filtered out what was important and not important. It showed me true friends...as well as many other things. I don't see how anyone who continually manipulates and micro-manages every strand can acheive anything but smug, satisfaction...oh, and hair loss :)

/ 6
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form