Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

:/ can someone help me out?

Jeff Jayo Orion
@jeff-jayo-orion
13 years ago
2 posts
Well just like three months ago I decided to try out some dreads. But the thing is, before i had grew dreads, my hair was in an uneven afro, like the hair on top was much shorter and thinner than the hair in the back. And when I go to the salon to retwist them, they seem much more shorter, are they gonna grow by any chance???
updated by @jeff-jayo-orion: 01/13/15 09:12:07PM
fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

From what I've learned from this site, yeah they get a lot tighter and shorter the first months then slowly get length.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

sure it'll grow'] but skip the salon, just let them grow and keep them separated. They'll look super all layered. Dreads shrink as they tighten

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop going to a salon to retwist them

dongt twist

dont go to a salon

the salon is going to ruin them

let them be

they will be fine as long as u never go to a salon again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeff Jayo Orion
@jeff-jayo-orion
13 years ago
2 posts
Wow first day signing up and im already learning lol thanks guys i appreciate the help but i got another question, so instead of going to the salon, what do i do to keep them looking good?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop defining "looking good" by salons standards salons push salon dreads look like your diseased with all the scalp showing

dreads should be left alone washed and seperated thats all they just look good naturaly

if you keep going the scalp around them gets traumatized the roots weakened thety can break you canget traction alopecia and even baldness

wash..seperate any that try to join thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Have you ever noticed that when you get your braided it shrinks a little? Well the same things happen when you twist dreads because they are all forming together. They are not going to be as long as your original hair unless you are caucasian and follow the method that they do. Just relax and let them grow stop worrying. Im not going to tell you to avoid getting them retwisted at a salon but you do not need to go often. If you do go wait until you have two inches of new growth.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form