Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

looking for help with my first round of dreads

Jesse
@jesse
13 years ago
3 posts

hi everyone! my names jesse and ive had my dreads for about 10 months now.

i really like having my dreadlocks and am having only a few minor problems

#1 is the dreads in the back of my head got extremely gnarly and oversized for the first few months i had them because they were badly maintained. there were at least six megadreads that i had to cut in half just to even out the sizes between the front and back. this worked to an extent but it still bothers me that some dreads are a lot thicker than others. any advice on how to get them evenly sized?

#2 is that some dreads seem fairly misshapen as in thin at the bottom and fat at the top. is this something that might even out as they get longer or should i work on them?

#3 is i need to do something with all the loose hairs because right now they give my head this weird frizzy aura. i know dreadwax is generally a bad idea but ive thought of making some homemade wax out of raw beeswax and walnut oil and using it to sort things out. good idea?

i'm glad to have found a place that might finally help me reduce the crust factor that comes with having dreads. thanks for any help you can give me.

pics below

vvvvvvvv

updated by @jesse: 01/13/15 09:10:40PM
Jesse
@jesse
13 years ago
3 posts

updated by @jesse: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 why wiould yu wab=nt them even size? tho cutting them isnt best yu should just sepaerate any gertting too big tho they dont look too bitg however if 6 big 1's become 1 massive 1 thats an issue

2 wax of any types a bad idea

they shouldnt be all even and hair free they are hair but in a few months of proper treatment they will get less fuxzzy as thety mature sea salt will help

3 agauin they dont need to even out they need to mature if the ends are thinner good helps if u wanna add beads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Your dreads look so adorable!!! Leave them be dangit!!!!! :-P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form