Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Hi from the UK :)

Evie
@evie
7 years ago
12 posts

So glad to have found this site! Been loving dreadlocks for years since I was a teen but never got round to doing anything about it. Am now in a place in my life where it seems the most natural thing to do. I guess at 39 I've still got lots of dready years ahead of me - hope they'll grow nice and long before I go grey! Loved this site so much and really feel part of a community, which may be the reason I approached a complete stranger in a shop the other day. "Are you growing dreadlocks?" It looked like it to me - the early stage, and she's a bit hippyish. Her reply was no, but she has ones she puts in sometimes..and she thinks you have to twist them and use wax to make dreads...aargh!!! the ignorance!! ;) I can understand people using the different methods, but it's a shame when people don't realise how simple it is.

Anyway..I'll stop wobbling now..and just enjoy the journey. xx

updated by @evie: 01/13/15 09:10:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,526 posts

u shoulda told her to drop by the site ;)

congrats on starting your journey :)

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Evie
@evie
7 years ago
12 posts

You're right! Maybe I should make up some cards to hand out with the site details on. I can't help looking at people's hair now, wondering if they're starting dreads!

Because why wouldn't EVERYBODY want them?! :)

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
7 years ago
95 posts

Welcome Evie!

There is def no age limit going for it. I'm already 38 and started only 6 weeks earlier than you.

I think its even helpful, cause we had more time to learn beiing patient :-)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
7 years ago
336 posts

Welcome Evie, God Bless your journey']

Evie
@evie
7 years ago
12 posts

Thanks for the welcome. Such a lovely place to meet like-minded people. Yes I agree, I think we do have more patience as we get older, I don't think I was ready to do this years ago :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form