dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi Everyone

keondazo
@keondazo
13 years ago
2 posts

Hey all,

My name is Matt, I'm 22 years old, and have thought about getting dreads for a few years now. I grew my hair out when I was 20 in the hopes of dreading naturally, but ended up talking myself out of it. All of my friends are of the opinion that I will look stupid, won't be able to keep a steady job, and that my hair type isn't suitable for dreads. I've read a lot of posts and looked at tons of pictures on this site. I need a bit of a confidence booster and some reassurance that my friends are wrong. Here are a few pictures of me...do you guys think I would look good with dreadlocks?! My hair isn't as long as in these pictures, but it is well on its way.

P.S. - It's great to find a website and community that is so passionate about dreadlocks.

- Matt

updated by @keondazo: 01/13/15 09:09:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

every 1 of us has "friendss" like that

why care what they think u want dreads so dread its that simple
but
ya will look great everyone does (not everyone will agree to that tho) and your hair types great for dreadin naturally\

go for it
its what YOU want not what they think you should do that matters

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

I say, YEP..you will look just fine with dreads! Enjoy ..oh I have dreads and hold down a job too. Surgical assistant. peace out

keondazo
@keondazo
13 years ago
2 posts

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I'm only a few days in, but I will post an update sooner or later. Is it a bad idea to just rinse my hair in water until I feel the need to do a baking soda shower? Also, does washing my hair only every few days mean I shouldn't get it wet at all?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can but when dreaded u won't want to cause it dries so slow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star
@star
13 years ago
19 posts

I'm glad to hear that you started your dreads. I have been wanting them for so long (I'm 29) and finally started last month. I was a bit timid about walking into work (I'm a teacher). My students love it and most people have said good things. Remember, it's not for everyone, but as long as you want it...people here will def. support you, that's why I finally got the courage to start my own account today :) Good luck and btw, your hair is probably perfect for it!

Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

All hair dreads, and personally, I think EVERYONE looks better with dreads, because they're just cool. Obviously not everyone is going to feel this way, but if it's what you want, don't let anyone talk you out of it, even if they are your friends. My parents thought me having dreads was hilarious, but they came around, and your friends will too once they get used to it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form