Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi all!

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

After following several posts of this forum for the last 2 month or so, i finally decided to become

an active part of this :-)

My Name is Frank, 38 years and i live in Hamburg, Germany.

Beginning of 2011 i decided to grow my hair long again and to let it dread after several inch of growing.

In June i stayed the whole month in France at the Atlantic Ocean for surfing and since then i haven't brushed my hair any more.

I have pretty thick and wavy hair by nature, so it has seperated very quick. After some hair joined together i did the t&r method, which worked out very well for me so far.

I`m very thankful for all the informations on this page about the methods and natural products for washing the hair etc.

So that should be it for now and i will add some pics of my dread journey soon :-)

cheers,

Frank

updated by @frank-schuster: 01/13/15 09:09:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome and welcome and hey we now can create groups in 25 languages how would u like to create a group in german to help out all the german speaking dreadies out there?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Thanx SE!

The german group would probably a good idea...

Here are actually the realy first pics of my baby dreads...

[IMG] http://i56.tinypic.com/j5clmw.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG] http://i52.tinypic.com/51cx7n.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG] http://i53.tinypic.com/2n8scj.jpg [/IMG]

what you all think?

Frank

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lil shoret so might fall apasrt easily but thatsd nothinmg to worry bout let it grow and dread

--
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Yeah you're right, i let em do whatever they want :-)

I had lots of stupid trouble with my hair in the past. Becoming dreads is my personal peace contract. Its really easy not having to think about a new haircut or any haircare products to buy.

Have a nice day!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

give em a few months to grow and the will turn out fine

--
Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

Welcome Frank! Your mature dreads are going to look great because your hair is so thick. I did the TnR too on my very spiral curly hair about 28 days ago and my baby dreads are in spirals too. I will follow your dread journey and look at your pics to see how they transform. : )

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Thanx Kathleen!

In the past i hated my type of hair, cause i didn't know what to do with it,

Most of the time i was wearing all kinds of hats to hide my hair...

now i started to love it cause i think its perfect for dreadlocks :-))

I will post some pics in a while to document the progress.

peace to all!

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

Same here Frank. I was always fighting with my hair and didn't like the puffiness of it. I like the way I feel now with my baby dreads. I feel comfortable now. I am looking forward to mature dreadlocks someday : ) We can keep each other posted on our journeys. Have a good night! Peace to you too : )

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Today was the day...

I woke up in the morning and felt really good. So i thought it would be the right day

to go to the office without wearing a wool hat, even beeing in an early stage of dreading.

I looked in the mirror and thought, well it starts to look good now, why still hiding it at work?!

When i go out, i never cover my hair, no matter how it looks, but at work i was kind of scared

so far...

But i can say it was a good descicion to get dreads and to show them pride at work today!

No negative comment at all, just "oh, you have a different haircut now". That was it, and it feels

really good for my selfesteem :-)

Now i think i took the highest hurdle right now and nothing is gonna stop me gettin the

hairstyle i ever dreamed of.

I walked home with a big smile over my face and i know i will show my dreads with pride everywhere.

Thank you all for sharing these emotional moment with me!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form