Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi from South Texas

Robert Joe Salyer
@robert-joe-salyer
13 years ago
12 posts

My name is Robert, I am 20 and I live in corpus Christi Texas ( the tip of Texas that goes in the gulf of Mexico). I have used the site quite a lot but decided to wait till I got my second set going. I had started dreading awhile back but started over bcuz I didnt like the way it was started (wax). I just started and finished my second set today(9-03-11) THANKS to the help of my mom.

I have wanted dreads for a really long time bcuz my hair is sooo ridiculous to do anything else. I have like 10 cow licks on random spots that make my hair go all crazy. Plus i was a scar magnet as a kid so short hair is a no go. I love not doing anything with my hair besides cleaning it bcuz i am uber lazy. I love the freeness and wild and crazyness.

I decided to go the waxless route this time and just try back combing and RnT on some. I am still learning as I go so im excited to see what will happen with my new dreads. I am open to any ideas on how to maintain and clean them. I know the basics but can never learn enough.... Although im not a fan of the picks here is a pic of how they look after a couple hours.

love the site, SE you saved my first set.

updated by @robert-joe-salyer: 01/13/15 09:09:30PM
Shanda Mickens
@shanda-mickens
13 years ago
4 posts

Welcome and congrats on going wax free :-)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Hi & Welcome Robert']

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like typical backcombed haha i woulda gone natural or straight tnr but your off to a good start at least congrats

they will settle down in a week or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

lol that is so what mine looked like after backcombing them. My parents called me a palm tree for the next few days. I'm sure you'll find all the suggestion and advice you can possibly want though

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

Welcome to the site Robert! Good luck with your dread journey. Moms are the best for helping too : ) and it sounds like you have a good one! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I did TnR 25 days ago so I'm new to it too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form