Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Everyone!! Just joined and just started my journey to dreads =)

Travis Fowler
@travis-fowler
13 years ago
5 posts

Good evening from Canadas Arctic!! Well Yellowknife NT, to be specific. No i dont live in an igloo but i do drive my snowmobile to work :)

Been looking into dreads for quite awhile now an just waiting for my hair to grow a bit, i tried the twist and rip method a little bit awhile ago but it didnt seem to hold very well so i said forget it for now and just washed my hair with baking soda and stopped brushing. Well the other day i noticed two wee little dreads forming in the back of my head and a few days later found a few more on the side of my head!!

Im starting college in Janruary and would like to have at least partially formed dreads (past the stage of messy and wild) What would be The best and most natural method to dread? I took one of the little dreads on the side and twist and ripped a bit more hair into it and it got substantially larger and it actually held should i just keep doing this?

updated by @travis-fowler: 01/13/15 09:09:00PM
Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

From what I've read on this site so far, I'd say just wait. By January, it's possible you'll have at least partiall formed dreads, especially if you're only a week or something in as of now and you already have some knots.

I stopped brushing August 14 and I have two in the back as well, none at the sides yet, though.

Just be patient! It'll happen, according to what everyone says :P

Even if they're not as mature as you'd like them to be by the time school starts.. I just started a college this past Monday and I've been wearing a tam and sometimes I take it off and people aren't really douchebags about it, you should be fine.

Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

Not sure so much about getting past wild and messy...thats the look I was kinda going for :)

I envy your climate we are in the middle of a drought and this weekend the temp will be about 105 here in Houston TX. I went to Minnisota once and thought I was going to freeze to death and it was 22 degrees. I dont know how long I would make it up there. Welcome to group everyone here has been really super nice and helpful.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just let em dread they are already doing great if theyre dreading that fast so just let em they thicken up on their own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Travis Fowler
@travis-fowler
13 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for the help!!

Yeah i figure if anybody in college really gives me a hard time about it and cant understand my reasoning to want to dread naturally then theyre not worth my time. I think ill just stay on the path i am, id much rather end up with dreads that formed on their own even if it does take some time and some weird looks haha :)

I believe 22 degrees Fahrenheit is about -5 degrees Celsius right? heh we only really have two seasons here, winter and summer. Winter can be collld, last year we had about 3 weeks of -40 degrees Celsius weather but for the most part it stays between -20 an -30 Celsius. It actually snowed in June this year! I was not happy about that haha. but the rest of the summer has been around 15 to 25 degrees celcius

In time once they start forming what should i do to keep them from ending up as a couple big dreads and a bunch of tiny dreads? ive seen some neglect dreads that looked pretty random

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just seperate any that try to join or grow too huge

but randoms good

theyshould be a blend of sizes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus