Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dedciding to dread!

Kathleen2
@kathleen2
13 years ago
14 posts
I think what shes inferring to is a lot of African Americans seem to judge people with dreads who aren't black, I am not saying all. I myself live in Florida and the only negative looks and comments I've gotten have been by people of color :/ And depending where you live a lot of the older people here are very conservative (at least in my town) and seem to think dreads are disgusting.I hope this doesn't come off prejudice or anything, its just my view of what I've been through living in FL being half white with dreads.

Mary said:

What are you talking about? I live in Florida and my dreads are fine. Fuck what other people think, its your hair, your choice. Asking people if you would look good with them is kind of sad.

updated by @kathleen2: 07/03/15 06:05:44AM
Kathleen2
@kathleen2
13 years ago
14 posts
dreads can look good on anyone, no matter the color or the length of the hair. You just need to have that confidence and own them! Sure you might get some weird looks and sometimes rude comments but don't let that affect you. If people see that your confident in yourself it could change their way of viewing you.
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Yeah but who are they to judge? They put chemicals in their hair that can eat an aluminum can. They wear cheap wigs that eats their edges. I don't take these peoples comments seriously since they put the health of their hair at risk to be accepted by modern society.

Kathleen Woodward said:

I think what shes inferring to is a lot of African Americans seem to judge people with dreads who aren't black, I am not saying all. I myself live in Florida and the only negative looks and comments I've gotten have been by people of color :/ And depending where you live a lot of the older people here are very conservative (at least in my town) and seem to think dreads are disgusting.

I hope this doesn't come off prejudice or anything, its just my view of what I've been through living in FL being half white with dreads.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Honestly if you are not ready to handle these remarks you are going to get from other people then maybe you should postpone getting locks.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Hi'] I started my journey MUCH shorter than yours & they are really coming along beautifully. You can see my pics on my site, but I think it was about 4 inches when I TnR'd then just let it go after a month. Please dont get extensions or go to a salon, you will waste a ton of money and maybe ruin your hair...xo

Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

Here is my new litmus test...when I am laying on my death bed will I be thinking of all the people who thought my hair was unexceptable or will I be thinking that I am glad I lived my life on my terms. I plan to do the things that make me happy. Some people see happy and just want to crush it, dont let them. I have decided most behave that way because they spent their life trying to be exceptable :)

Also I really havent seen one example of naturally growndreads that didnt look good on the person who sported them. They are custom made for you.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form